Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 04:45:25 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: TaskLog v1.1 - Small bug and an improvement or 2...  (Read 7823 times)
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 14, 2006, 03:55:19 AM »

Hey Skrommel,

Just started trying out this little util (to monitor just how much time I waste on various activities during the day), and noticed a few things...

1) The tool tip on the system tray seems to be one item behind. Eg I am currently 'Surfing' but my tool tip reads 'Still working on task PAUSED for 0 minutes?'

2) When I add new tasks in the settings I have to quit the util and rerun to see the tasks on the menu. Is this intended behaviour? It would be more helpful if news tasks appeared without the restart.

3) And on that note... when I am prompted with 'Are you still working on X' and I say No it would be very nice to allow a new sort of task to be added directly at this point (rather than going in to the settings and out again). Could there be an input box in which I could enter 'Ordering Pizza' (or any other worthy task) which would then be added to the list of choices available in the future?

Thanks as usual for the superb programs smiley

Ampa
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:19:54 PM »

Have now used this for 24hrs or so and had another thought...

On occasions I get called away from the PC and forget or don't have time to pause the log before I go.  Then when I return (often hours later) I find that 180 minutes has been logged against my last activity.

Would it be possible to have a mode where the utility enters pause mode / stops logging if there is no response to the 'Are you still...' prompt after a reasonable time out (eg 3 minutes)?

Perhaps this needs its own name... such as No Activity.

Or even a secondary check - has there been any mouse / keyboard activity in the last 3 minutes?

Just my thoughts smiley

Ampa
Arjen
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:54:33 AM »

I think TaskLog is a great tool but I have the following problems with it (version 1.1):

• If I change the task names in Settings they don't take effect until I restart TaskLog. (Also reported above.)
  • If I unselect "Show reminder dialog" it will still keep coming up, even after restarting TaskLog.

I hope you can help me with this!
skrommel
Fastest code in the west

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 05:54:11 PM »

smiley Great suggestions, guys!

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 08:01:54 PM »

Update to original post item 1...

I don't think that the tooltip ever changes - it stays at the value when the program is first run.

Skrommel: Any chance that you have time to look at the suggestions in this thread? I'd  really appreciate an update if you have the time, an would gladly donate to the cause.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 04:28:14 PM »

smiley Try TaskLog v1.2.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »

Hi Skrommel

I've been trying this out today -

is there any way you can get TaskLog to recognise when the computer goes into hibernation mode -
I tend to use this when i leave computer for any length of time & of course I forget to tell TaskLog and
& come back to
still at task XYZ running for 168mins?

thnks for any help
tom

Tom
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:11:01 AM »

is there any way you can get TaskLog to recognise when the computer goes into hibernation mode -
I tend to use this when i leave computer for any length of time & of course I forget to tell TaskLog and
& come back to
still at task XYZ running for 168mins?

I'll give this a friendly bump smiley -
standby doesnt work properly on my machine so I use hibernation fairly often...

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.06 ]