topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • April 22, 2019, 05:57 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 13 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Looking for smartphone  (Read 49928 times)

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for smartphone
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2019, 07:32 AM »
if he travels outside the EU, in this case a dual SIM phone comes in handy
That's one of the features of the Nokia 6.1 ... ;)

And the Moto G5(+), G5S(+), & G6(+) (EU/APAC versions) without sacrificing the microSD card.  ;)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2019, 09:19 PM »
if he travels outside the EU, in this case a dual SIM phone comes in handy
That's one of the features of the Nokia 6.1 ... ;)

And the Moto G5(+), G5S(+), & G6(+) (EU/APAC versions) without sacrificing the microSD card.  ;)

And the G7 recently released in the US, so will probably hit the EU market soon. Might want to wait a bit, if possible, to see if there will be a G7+ with dual SIM. If not, there may be a G7 Power, with longer battery life.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2019, 10:47 PM »
I assume you meant market availability otherwise G7 and G7 plus will have versions with dual SIM

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2019, 11:36 PM »
I assume you meant market availability otherwise G7 and G7 plus will have versions with dual SIM

Motorola usually only offer the Dual SIM Moto G versions in EU, Asia Pacific, and India - for some reason the US seems to only get the single SIM version.  Like the rest of the world gets NFC but the USA get the Magnetometer instead - very strange decisions, (although it looks like the other regions might get the Magnetometer also with the G7).

Just wish they had kept the fingerprint reader on the front for the G7 where it's more convenient - something they probably could have done easily since they still have One Button Nav on the front, (like the G5(S) and G6), along with the space wasted with the Motorola printing.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Strange decisions for sure, for Canada I always check the bands and if compatible consider buying a non region phone (not from Amazon or ebay though  :P). My current phone, Moto G5 Plus, was never released in Canada but works here.