topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: youtube black blocking square  (Read 3414 times)

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
youtube black blocking square
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Is anyone else encountering this? It happens only with Firefox when going to any youtube user home page; a big black square blocks off most of the page; below is an example, using the sample search word 'wind', but it happens no matter what search word or user name I use:

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: youtube black blocking square
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 07:40 PM »
BTW, ever since its last update, seamonkey refuses to show youtube in full screen mode; it only shows small screen or mid-screen theater mode.

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Is anyone else encountering this? It happens only with Firefox when going to any youtube user home page; a big black square blocks off most of the page; below is an example, using the sample search word 'wind', but it happens no matter what search word or user name I use:
I right-clicked on the big black square, and chose adblock, 'block image', and the black square disappeared and gave me back a normal yt screen.
update: Hmm, nope, still there, my mistake; it thought I was choosing a video and took me to it, was all that happened. If I go to any yt index of videos, the black square still appears.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:52 PM by holt »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:20 AM »
You wouldn't like to share a bit more info, eg.
Whether you have tried it using Firefox in Safe Mode, (hold down SHIFT while starting Firefox)?
What country you're in?
What version of Firefox?
Whether you're set to use HTML5 or Flash on Youtube?
etc
etc