"Capture Rules" looks very promising. Can't wait to test it out at real work (next week).
Question: I see no "Include mouse cursor" option? But it is there, right? I need this to keep track which button was clicked (Mouse was over "Yes" or "No" button).
1.) Capture every X seconds, BUT only if YYY- key is hold down.
You know, I don't need to capture all time, but the right moments, ...then I will press a hotkey and every x secs a shot is taken.
Of course, that hotkey should be swallowed by 'ASS' and not forwarded to WindowsTM.
Or maybe better: a hotkey to toggle "Capture every X seconds" (CEXS) on and off on the fly.
I think my work flow (to document installations steps) is as follows:
- take some shot manually by pressing Print key.
- press hotkey to switch CEXS on
- take some shot manually by pressing Print key in between, just to be sure to capture the right moment.
- press hotkey to switch CEXS off if nothing important happens.
- press hotkey to switch CEXS on again for next steps.
2.) Capture on mouse click.
As independent option, or in combination with CEXS.
Only take a shot if a mouse button is pressed.
Or, take an shot every x secs, and additionally shot at mouse click.
But than again, that what I wanted to capture is gone already after the mouse click was recognized, right?
But I think on the "Wink" application, which does exactly that (IIRC).
As always, just some ideas.