topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Pasted picture or dropped picture is not completely intransparent  (Read 3761 times)

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser,

when I copy a picture and paste it on an existing screenshot the pasted picture is not completely intransparent.
Same behaviour with dragging a screenshot on another screenshot an put it on top of the backround picture.

Transparency is still set to 255 but the the backround is shining through the frontpicture.

ScreenshotCaptor v4.12.0

Screenshot.png

Ralf

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Pasted picture or dropped picture is not completely intransparent
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:19 AM »
I'm a little bit confused at the moment!

I started this thread on one computer with a new NEC monitor and I definitively see the backround shine through the foregroundpicture.
Then I looked at this thread on my other computer with an older Dell monitor and couldn't see the shine through.  :huh:
I also downloaded the picture and looked at it with zoom. No shine through.

First I thought it was a problem in uploading image, but back at my NEC monitor I opened this thread again and the shine through was back!  >:(

So I loaded the picture in Gimp and looked at the color information of the white area and of the light grey shinining through area.
Maybe the difference of 254 to 255 isn't visible on all monitors, but on my NEC it's always visible.

When I paste this foreground picture on the backround picture in Gimp the result is a clear white area with no shine through.

Is there a possibility of correcting this little aberration?

_Screenshot transparency2.pngPasted picture or dropped picture is not completely intransparent
Ralf

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:31 PM »
I started this thread on one computer with a new NEC monitor and I definitively see the background shine through the foreground picture.

sounds like a very good monitor (off-topic, but I'm curious: what's the model?)
Tom

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:38 AM »
(off-topic, but I'm curious: what's the model?)
It's a NEC EA244WMi
Ralf