topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cyberfox 38.01 AMD x64 smooth  (Read 3437 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cyberfox 38.01 AMD x64 smooth
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Just in case anyone tried an older version and got fed up, Cyberfox AMD x64 38.01 seems to be running pretty smoothly.  I have Firefox 38.01 32 bit and it's tough to tell the difference.

http://cyberfox.8pec...fox-amd-version-x64/

I only have this one machine.  I have no idea how the Intel builds are behaving for 38.01.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cyberfox 38.01 AMD x64 smooth
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Not a scientific test, but I brought up Firefox 32 bit and opened 5 additional tabs.  After CPU usage spike calms down it settles to around 25%.

Same thing with Cyberfox x64 with the same sites loading, it settles to about 16% CPU. Until I see some negative behavior I'll keep it as default.

(Note the pages are still filling in when I say "settles." If left longer naturally the level would decrease.)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 09:59 AM »
I played with the latest version of Cyberfox x64 a week or two ago. It was very quick on my i7, although I didn't install all my extensions to see how much speed would suffer.

I'm still debating on whether or not to switch from Pale Moon. Pale Moon's author is very transparent about what differences are between it & Firefox plus there's an excellent support forum. Cyberfox's list of differences is just some vague wording on their home page.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 10:31 AM »
I played with the latest version of Cyberfox x64 a week or two ago. It was very quick on my i7, although I didn't install all my extensions to see how much speed would suffer.

I'm still debating on whether or not to switch from Pale Moon. Pale Moon's author is very transparent about what differences are between it & Firefox plus there's an excellent support forum. Cyberfox's list of differences is just some vague wording on their home page.

Yes, I posted on Pale Moon forum some time back.  The author is right onto issues.  It is my understanding that Pale Moon is a different implementation derived from Firefox.  Cyberfox is basically just another build using optimizing 64 bit compilers.  There may be a bit more than that to it.  But you see Cyberfox match the Firefox version within hours.  So it must be a few compiler compatibility tweaks and build it.

I don't load Cyberfox heavily with Tabs.  I rarely have more than 8 open.  Also the AddOns I use are not heavy duty.  Mostly stuff like Lazarus, font size changer, classic theme restore etc..

I was using 32 bit FF for a few weeks because Cyberfox got a bit weird.  It seems now even the update checker in the About Box is working again.  I can't tell it from FF 32 bit.  Even load times seem the same.  I think the AddOns are almost identical.  I use Super Start for speed dial.