topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Option to toggle uploading from post-capture dialog  (Read 4319 times)

olax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Option to toggle uploading from post-capture dialog
« on: January 01, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Howdy,

Most of the time I send screenshots it's to quickly and temporarily share something instantly, but sometimes I want to hold off uploading until after I edit (one or more images).

I wish there was a way to toggle uploading (and maybe also post-cap command line options?) from the post-capture dialog. Not quite sure how to do it though. Maybe one checkbox or a dropdown option for all the Save buttons "... and do not upload".

I'm a fairly casual user, but I imagine this could be a handy feature for people regularly taking/making documentation images too.

In the same spirit of adding flexibility around uploading (I use a custom python script I plan to share some time), Is there a way to upload multiple selections? I tried and it seemed to only upload one of them.

EDIT: Just remembered a completely separate feature idea I had earlier. Text size automatically scaling with the size of the text box. Would be much quicker to slap text on that way.

Thanks for everything

olax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Option to toggle uploading from post-capture dialog
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:22 PM »
No interest it seems. :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:30 PM »
Sorry I should have replied to this earlier.. I like the idea, and I will try to add it -- perhaps a simply toggle in "After Capture" tray menu?

olax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:42 PM »

Often 9/10 images will be good to upload without editing, and one in the middle will require it. That's why I'd like to see it on the post-capture dialog as opposed to buried in the tray menu. Also workable would be for me to disable uploading by default and to have a new hotkey for uploading or something. The idea is just to choose on-the-fly somehow.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Perhaps we might be talking past each other -- you know there is a Upload item in the post-capture dialog -- its under the "Send to.." button.

For quick use, as soon as the post-capture dialog shows you can hit: Alt+n then U.

olax

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:18 PM »
Sorry for not being clear. I'm sure it's just me.

I did sort of miss that option and it does help for the scenario I'm describing but it's not completely ideal. It acts like a "Save and Upload" button. What I really want is a "Save and DON'T upload" button. It would ignore the general option for uploading in post-capture action options so that you can open the editor and do whatever before uploading.

If you don't see any value in an extra button or tickbox or whatever, I understand. I will go ahead and disable uploading generally and use the send to uploader option you pointed out. The reason I think another option is worthwhile is because most of the time I do want to upload, so I'd need to do that extra action most of the time.

The ability to do the same thing with the post-cap dialog disabled would be nice too, but I don't see how that'd work.

Sorry for being unclear; I haven't really been thinking things through properly all month.