Thanks for the positive response.
I searched Google for anything similar to this idea and was dissapointed/suprised that it has not been done before.(or at least I could not find it)
basically you are saying - a way for 3rd party people to write some little interactive help to go with a program, maybe customized for a specific task.
Exactly, I could now add a ToolTipPrompt to any of your great Applications, customised to how I would like it worded.
I know a bunch of people working on 'Operation PIE' that would kiss the developer that makes it possible.
We could put the files on the website right into a FAQ page.
Hmmm, I cant speak for jgpaiva, but a firm handshake will be fine.
and TTP text files could be added to websites, or emailed straight to client, carried on Thumbdrives, easy to edit, etc
When you do something like this, the formating has to always be done relative to a window, right?
And don't forget that if the other user doesn't have the window with the same size you originally made it, this won't make much sense.
(imagine you created the tooltips using a restored window, and the user uses a maximized window. In this case, the tooltips would be in a different place)
I havent given this much thought as the application it was for was full screen. more thinking.......
thanks to jgpaiva I have been inspired and crossed his script with my bits and pieces and came up with the following.
- I have coordmode set to Screen because at the time I have the window maximised, and allows me to relocate GUI around.
- I have used a listview to select the ToolTip Files so you could have many short hint files and they are easy to select
- ToolTipPrompt files are Text files with a TTP extension so they are easily identified and found by the listview
- All Tooltip files are to be located in the same directory as the script.
- I am new to this, so if your PC bursts into flames and melts, it was not me, I am not that clever.
- recognise window name and match to TTP so only displays with correct application.
- ToolTipPrompts that display when mouse is within Zpixels of X,Y
- a TTP editor, with mouse coord display etc
Arggghhhh. I changed the TXT extension to TTP to be clever, but DC wont allow that extention to be attached. so you will have to change the txt file yourself. it should be ToolTipExample.TTP
copy the ToolTipExample text file to the same directory and run exe.
copy and edit example file as many times a needed.