topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Process Closer  (Read 2688 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Process Closer
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:28 AM »
I just ran into this yesterday and tried it out. Process Closer is yet another process kill close utility for Windows. What sets it apart is the usage. It runs in the Tray. When you want to kill a program you left click the tray icon. This opens a tooltip type window that says Drag and Kill. Put your mouse on that, then right mouse drag to the window of the process you want to kill. A confirmation dialog pops up.

No need to type in process name or window title. Very intuitive freeware.

Note that the link is to the Snapfiles listing since going to the developer's site I could find no link for Process Closer. Just a corporate outsourcing page.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Process Closer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:03 AM »
I use Process Explorer for that. Process Closer won't be able to kill applications without a window.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Process Closer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:17 PM »
I use Process Explorer for that. Process Closer won't be able to kill applications without a window.

Of course not.  That's not what it's for.  It's for conveniently killing applications that have a visible window using an easy mouse motion.  For killing by name there's always command line and other utilities.

Edit:  It also has a "has stopped responding" detector.  The emphasis seems to be on quickly getting rid of dead windows.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:52 AM by MilesAhead »