I'm tossing around an idea for a piece for a local exhibition, which will be based around the idea of a photo-booth.
I've done similar things, though at closed functions, where I've written a script to manage the import and mashing together of photos... but this is a bit different.
The basic concept is to have a photo-booth with indwelling computer to manage the taking and displaying of photos (at least that's where I started).Hardware Hackers - Need your advice
The process would be something like:
1. When computer ready display green light at Go Button
2. User composes themselves and presses Go Button
3. Light displays Red
4. Audio: "1 - 2 - 3 - Smile!"
5. Camera takes photo and saves it
6. Prints receipt
7. Light displays Green
8. Runs image manipulation script
9. Displays image on external display
What I've got no idea about is:
- the ability to provide a button that starts a process on the computer (I'm thinking that sounds like a mouse?)
- the ability to do the green / red lights