Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 04, 2016, 02:28:41 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: More good web comics you've discovered  (Read 6964 times)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: More good web comics you've discovered
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2016, 01:06:52 AM »
Black & Blue
Like Noir?  Like Sci-fi?  Like a weird mash-up of the two set in a what-if-the-set-for-Blade-Runner-wasn't-so-futuristic-and-more-like-80s-Chicago kind of environment?  Like limited color palettes?  Here ya go...

Some lady is trapped in a room somewhere forced to manufacture some kind of contraband, so she gets sick of it (obv) and tries to get out in the most insane way possible.  Hilarity ensues.  With robots.  And crime syndicates.  With robots.

So, for the last few years, Black and Blue has been a side project of mine, to create a world in my own visual style. Being a long time fan of classic film noir movies, I try to incorporate elements of design and story telling from that genre of film, and to create something unique and interesting which reflects the things which have inspired and drive me to do what I do.
My first foray into comic books was a one off first issue of Black and Blue, which has since changed and evolved to an online bi-weekly format. I find that it’s a good way of engaging and developing interest in Black and Blue, while still producing and honing my art.
Thank you for visiting, I hope you enjoy Black and Blue.
Jason Clarke

http://www.blackandbluecomic.com/

blackandblue.png

from over there, next to the t-shirts
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:17:48 AM by Edvard »

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: More good web comics you've discovered
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 05:03:36 AM »
OK, so that was my "A-list" of comics I keep up on pretty regular.  There are a few that are on the "B-list" for varied reasons; whether not updated recently or I only check on them every so often due to updates being infrequent, or they just haven't been around that long and the story isn't quite fleshed out.  Let's get this B-list started with...

Blackgrass
Blackgrass is written and drawn by kino and edited by Ryan.

This is a story about a clairvoyant/spiritual medium named Rev. Abel Ruby, a sweet, well-meaning preacher who is slowly losing his faith and gets contracted into working for a lost soul that needs his help to find redemption! He begins to realise that “God” isn’t quite what he’s led to believe, and his perception of faith gets turned on its head! It is a long-form, fully coloured comic that will update Mondays and Fridays of every week!

http://www.blackgrasscomic.com/

blackgrass.png

from Hiveworks... again