topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2014 Pledge: Text Analysis App  (Read 6828 times)

pyrohacker

• Joined in 2008
  • Coder, gamer, loving it.
    • View Profile
    • Mindful Code
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2014 Pledge: Text Analysis App
« on: December 13, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Text Analysis App

This app will make it easier to analyze a chunk of text and see useful information. Its focus is analysis rather than manipulation.

I've been dealing with some rather large log files at work lately, and I find myself dissatisfied with my ability to extract useful information from large bodies of text. Crafting find-and-replace queries, importing to Excel, and visually scanning for data are all tedious processes that dance around the goal: gathering information and answering questions. This tool will be different. Somehow.
Funny that programmers chose the phrase "Hello, World" while most of us are introverts.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2014 Pledge: Text Analysis App
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Sounds interesting, pyrohacker  :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Text Analysis App

This app will make it easier to analyze a chunk of text and see useful information. Its focus is analysis rather than manipulation.

I've been dealing with some rather large log files at work lately, and I find myself dissatisfied with my ability to extract useful information from large bodies of text. Crafting find-and-replace queries, importing to Excel, and visually scanning for data are all tedious processes that dance around the goal: gathering information and answering questions. This tool will be different. Somehow.

I have a fondness for text manipulation apps. I'm trying to think if I have any killer use cases but nothing yet.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 12:16 AM »
Text Analysis App

Any news here Pyro?

And will there ever be feature updates after Nany? Murphy's law sez one day I'll latch on to this but want a killer app feature. : )

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Pyro, I assume you weren't able to finish the app in time for the NANY deadline?