topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: KeyScrambler and OSK's.  (Read 2487 times)

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
KeyScrambler and OSK's.
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:45 AM »
I am posting this in the hope of furthering my knowledge of the mysteries of computers.

I use KeyScrambler and since I first installed it a few years ago I have largely ignored it as apart from the icon changing colour according to which program I am using it never makes its presence felt.
I did discover that global spell checkers will not work with it enabled while those in individual programs will.

In my efforts in recent months to make my computer easier to use I have been playing around with an OSK, as the built-in one is not to my liking I downloaded AHKOSK although my comments apply to both.
When I started using it I was triggering hotkeys to save keep moving my hand between the keyboard and the mouse, these worked perfectly.
A few days ago I needed to enter 2 words into a file, as I had the OSK running I used that only to find it produced gibberish. I realised straight away that it was because of KeyScrambler, something I confirmed by disabling it.

What I would like to know is, if keys on the OSK are encrypted when typing how do hotkey commands get through unencrypted?
I am not looking for a description of how KeyScrambler works but why there are two outcomes from the same keys depending on what they are being used for.
I spent 25 years training to be an eccentric then I woke up one morning and realised that I'd cracked it.
I've not had to try since.

I wonder what happens if I click on thi