topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1196002 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
John, your post just made my day  :Thmbsup:

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
  • WarningUser is banned
Here is my problem.
1st,"priscr"to capture full sreen
2nd,"alt+Q"to capture fixed size region as "960*200"
3rd,"priscr"to capture full sreen
4th,"alt+A"to repeat capture fixed size region "960*200" just like 2nd,so that I can print the fixed region without choosing again
5th,"priscr"to capture full sreen
6th,"alt+A"to repeat capture fixed size region "960*200" just like 2nd
and so on…

I can do above in version 2.88,but in the version 4.3,it doesn't work.
How can it work in V4.3?
I hope you can understand me,my English isn't so good.
I'm hoping for receiving response from you!
Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:45 AM by mouser, Reason: removed email »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I understand what you are saying.

In the new version when you do a full screen capture now, it clears the "repeat region" information.

I will fix in the next release and make it behave like it did before so that it will repeat the last region.

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
  • WarningUser is banned
I understand what you are saying.

In the new version when you do a full screen capture now, it clears the "repeat region" information.

I will fix in the next release and make it behave like it did before so that it will repeat the last region.

Thanks!

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
  • WarningUser is banned
Hi,Mouser,how can I translate it from English to Simplified Chinese? I wanna to do that in my free time.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for the offer.
I'm afraid that Screenshot Captor cannot currently be translated. It's something I've thought about.. Perhaps soon I will add the ability.

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
  • WarningUser is banned
I know some softs can just edit *.ini to translate like PicPick.Hope SC can do like that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:30 AM by 3680 »

ajfudge

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature request:
Use single left-click to toggle Hide/Show Quick Capture Bar.  :)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser: in the latest release notes of SSC, there is a note:
[BugFix] Updated ScDx ScreenshotCaptor DirectX capture addon (separate download).

Where might I download this from, please?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser: in the latest release notes of SSC, there is a note:
[BugFix] Updated ScDx ScreenshotCaptor DirectX capture addon (separate download).

Where might I download this from, please?

May via a link at the following?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=30008.0

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@ewemoa:
   Thankyou!
I of course had been searching for "scdxcap" and "scdxcap.exe", not the generic "DirectX".
I wondered what I might have been doing wrong. Got no hits at all...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm afraid the DirectX capture addon for SC is on hold while i try to work with original code author to improve it.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^^ Thanks for the quick response.
No hurry at my end.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New version has mostly minor improvements, but the ability to quickly specify a custom filename from the post-capture dialog can be quite useful.

v4.5.0 - July 8, 2013
  • [Feature] Post-capture dialog now has a field where you can specify an optional quick custom filename.
  • [MinorFeature] New option to open windows explorer file browser to location of SaveAs image after a SaveAs.
  • [MinorFeature] New option to not uniquify filenames when launching the SaveAs dialog.
  • [MinorFeature] The file template field now has some suggestions in a drop down combo box.
  • [Feature] New options to customize the post-capture dialog to use it in faster one-key dismissal mode and with one key copy-to-clipboard action.
  • [BugFix] Minor UI fixes.
  • [BugFix] Attempting to fix brief appearance of Screenshot Captor taskbar button at windows startup.
  • [MinorFeature] You can now set auto-print option from tray menu.
  • [Improvement] Copy to clipboard after capture was not copying any automatically added shadow.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^^ Thanks!    :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks to all of the beta testers and those who pushed for these new features.  Keep the requests coming :up:

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Keep the requests coming :up:
I don't see why it can't figure out what I want and then just do it. Can we be done with all this keystroke/mouse click business?

Thanks for your endless patience with accommodating any number of quirky requests   :Thmbsup:
SC is seriously useful software.

bubbajunk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser, you may already be aware but the main web page still shows "Latest Official Release" as "Download v4.3". You may want to update this to v4.5 to eliminate any confusion.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks very much for the heads-up, bbbajunk!  :up:

squishy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am having a difficult time finding this new feature "[Feature] New options to customize the post-capture dialog to use it in faster one-key dismissal mode and with one key copy-to-clipboard action.
I really need the copy-to-clipboard functionality -- either by setting it up as the default capture output, or, some way to easily select it as the desired output after the capture occurs.
Right now I must have accidentally changed a setting because it's saving every capture to "Screenshots" folder even though I do not want it to, and I am not selecting "Save Image As", or "Save image and show", or "Save image but hide".  I am selecting "To clipboard: Image" and then clicking "X" to close the dialog.  Then another window appears with the image in it; but I don't want this window either and I don't know what I've done to make it pop up.  Then I go and delete where the image was saved on disk.
I tried searching the forum for "clipboard" trying to find clues about how to send the output to clipboard but can't see any.
If you could please explain where to find it and turn it on, or what steps to take to make it happen when doing a capture, I would be grateful.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:30 PM by mouser »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
not sure what's happening here (in two browsers - FF 22 & Opera 12) **
I see this:

Screenshot - 2013-07-09 , 22_08_52.pngLATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

but when I quote it, I get this:

I am having a difficult time finding this new feature "•[Feature] New options to customize the post-capture dialog to use it in faster one-key dismissal mode and with one key copy-to-clipboard action.
I really need the copy-to-clipboard functionality -- either by setting it up as the default capture output, or, some way to easily select it as the desired output after the capture occurs.
Right now I must have accidentally changed a setting because it's saving every capture to "Screenshots" folder even though I do not want it to, and I am not selecting "Save Image As", or "Save image and show", or "Save image but hide".  I am selecting "To clipboard: Image" and then clicking "X" to close the dialog.  Then another window appears with the image in it; but I don't want this window either and I don't know what I've done to make it pop up.  Then I go and delete where the image was saved on disk.
I tried searching the forum for "clipboard" trying to find clues about how to send the output to clipboard but can't see any.
If you could please explain where to find it and turn it on, or what steps to take to make it happen when doing a capture, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

so I'll post in case others have the same problem

** I had to add [nobbc][/nobbc] tags within the quote in order to display it - otherwise I just see:

I am having a difficult time finding this new feature "•[Feature] New options to customize the post-capture dialog to use it in faster one-key dismissal mode and with one key copy-to-clipboard action.

Thanks.

:tellme:
Tom
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:22 PM by tomos »

squishy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you Tomos, I'm a total noob and probably did not paste the text properly!   :-[

jhines97

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How do I set the margins for the "Auto Print" function?  I tried setting the margins in the print dialogue (and the settings of .3 stayed).  However, the "Auto Print" uses the default margins of 1".  How can I set Auto Print to use margins of .3?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you Tomos, I'm a total noob and probably did not paste the text properly!   :-[

no, that was some weird forum thing going on :) the bbc code used in forum posts occasionally reacts unexpectedly to some character combinations.

Re your query - have a look at this thread, in particular the last post:
taking screenshot WITHOUT saving to file

Re the main window opening after a screenshot - check out the icons on the auto-hide bar top of screen (there's one for post-capture options) - or right-click tray icon and click on "After capture" and select "hide main form"
Tom

Lyoma

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can I group selected items (several objects) into one object in screenshot capture?