Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 25, 2014, 02:55:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Find Robot key locked the program and froze my pc  (Read 1790 times)
zeus36
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 07, 2006, 12:30:15 PM »

mad

joined and pasted the huge!! key and it caused a program error.   Terrible system you have.  NO donations for you!
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »

whoa... I think that's a first!
You're referring to find and run robot, right? It was working ok, and after you pasted the key, it froze the pc?
What version of find and run do you have? In what system?

I see you're a bit madhuh, but i'm sure that if you give him a chance, mouser will fix that problem for you Wink

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 02:42:41 PM »

that is the first time i've heard of such a problem.. if you tell us a little bit more about the error and your system perhaps we can get it working for you?

you can also email me directly (mouser@donationcoder.com).

having said that, i have to agree with the sentiment: "it caused a program error...NO donations for you!"  that does seem quite logical.
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:46 AM »

Hmm, I can't see how pasting the license key into F&RR could cause a system lockup.

*except* if some other buggy program was running on the machine, and you're using win9x. On win9x, the clipboard API (especially hooking/notification) is *extremely* sensitive, and even the slightest of errors can cause some pretty nasty bugs.

- carpe noctem
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.06 ]