Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 01:58:03 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7  (Read 3305 times)
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »

I installed and tried IE 10 last night and thought it was much quicker than IE 9 on this Win 7 machine. Anyone else going to try it(Win 7 only, of course). I downloaded it straight from MS, not from the article's link.

Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7 - CNET Reviews

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »

Hmm... maybe. I do like to keep the most up-to-date versions of both IE and FF installed.

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »

I downloaded it straight from MS,

-so, is this the missing link: http://windows.microsoft....rnet-explorer/download-ie ?
 Wink

x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »

So, did anyone click Install?  What additional programs were contained?  What settings were customized? cheesy

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »

Add/Remove shows nothing new, not even Internet Explorer.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »

Add/Remove shows nothing new, not even Internet Explorer.

-ehh, that was of course with my normal setting.
Showing updates, only IE and language packages were installed:

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:09:13 AM »

I think I'll skip it... I have a hard enough time with the few web sites that I use IE for... They work now, so I'm NOT going to mess with that.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 02:55:51 AM »

Biggest worry here is what IE-specific web apps break this time, after upgrading... Yes, I know it's the task of the developer to try and anticipate on any browser changes, but with IE the changes often seem to be so huge, anticipation is next to impossible. We'll see how the story goes, this time, I'll wait a couple of weeks and ask around a bit tellme

Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 04:05:26 AM »

Biggest worry here is what IE-specific web apps break this time, after upgrading... Yes, I know it's the task of the developer to try and anticipate on any browser changes, but with IE the changes often seem to be so huge, anticipation is next to impossible. We'll see how the story goes, this time, I'll wait a couple of weeks and ask around a bit tellme

And that's exactly why I won't upgrade. Banks are at best marginally competent. I told my wife once, "Watch this. It will take me a hour just to login & check my balance." I was right. Last week I spent over 3 hours getting another site to work. (That involved 3 computers with 2 running clients.) One of my banks forced you to stick with IE 6 for years.

The mere fact that they make things IE specific (and often IE only) tells you that there's something fundamentally mental going on.

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »

And that's exactly why I won't upgrade. Banks are at best marginally competent. I told my wife once, "Watch this. It will take me a hour just to login & check my balance." I was right. Last week I spent over 3 hours getting another site to work. (That involved 3 computers with 2 running clients.) One of my banks forced you to stick with IE 6 for years.

I tested this out and was able to login to Bank of America online with no problem.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »

Logged in to every major financial site I have with lastpass, in IE10, on Windows 7 x64 and x86, in only a couple of seconds per site....

Strength in Knowledge
Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »

I tested this out and was able to login to Bank of America online with no problem.

You over estimate the competence of my bank. tongue

Any the securities firm I use. tongue

Logged in to every major financial site I have with lastpass, in IE10, on Windows 7 x64 and x86, in only a couple of seconds per site....

Lastpass and the institution are different things.

Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 02:40:30 PM »

You over estimate the competence of my bank. tongue

Any the securities firm I use. tongue

What are they so we all can avoid them.

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »

What are they so we all can avoid them.

I am guessing Renegade meant that even if IE10 with Lastpass can log in, IE10 without Lastpass may not be able to log in.
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »

IE10 without lastpass, just verified every logon worked...Same systems.

Strength in Knowledge
allen
Charter Member