Well, coincidentally, my 'P' key started to stick (probably crumbs or chocolate or something), and so...
The keyboard:Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.
1) Unscrewed the 15 screws in the back,
2) Removed the front keyboard (the electronics are on the bottom),
3) Washed the keyboard in the sink thoroughly,
4) Shook it dry - violently - then used a hair dryer to get the last few drops,
5) Reassembled the keyboard.Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.
Lo and behold, I never had to wet any of the electronics, and it's working fine as I'm typing on it now.
It didn't take long at all. Much shorter than a trip to the store.
Incidentally, I resized & cropped the photos with this