Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 18, 2014, 07:30:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Importing and Exporting Configs for Manipulation  (Read 2125 times)
murdock01
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »

I hope this has not been discussed but I did not find much in my searching...

Is there a way to export and import LBC configs to a file (xml, txt, csv) for the purposes of making sweeping changes or creating LBC configs quickly, or even backing up a config?

My situation: I have rather large LBC config, lots of menus and items. I want to make this portable, or less prone to breakage when my drive letters change or I move things. Everything I have defined points to a D drive. I want to switch to %APPDRIVE%. I was hoping to export to an XML file, or something, that I can do a search and replace. Then I could import into a blank toolbar and have my current config but now everything is changed. Just looking for a way to make sweeping changes without having to do lots of work.
Or maybe a option that tells LBC, if the option is enabled, to use the variable %APPDRIVE% instead of the drive letter if LBC detects that the added app is on the same drive as LBC or something.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:23:58 AM »

This is something I've been meaning to add for a while now.. Export to and Import from XML files.. It's on my todo list.
Lolipop Jones
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »

Export to and Import from XML files

As someone who tries to maintain LBC on four different computers which have almost, but not quite, the same software installed on each, I would like to chime in here with a hearty "can hardly wait".   

Today's problems were yesterday's solutions....
oblivion
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:38:54 AM »

A +1 from me for something like this. LBC is a massively useful way to keep track of my portable apps but when I set it up, I cleverly dragged and dropped and ordered and tweaked but never thought to replace the drive reference to %APPDRIVE%.

My main install of LBC on my portable hard disk has 286 nodes.  ohmy

Some of them are separators.  smiley

Just not very many.  Grin

So I force my portable HD to be G: everywhere I use it. But I tell myself off every time I do it. smiley

[edit]

And I've just realised, when I edit a node that only has a local reference to an icon (because it's a menu, say) changing the drive reference to %APPDRIVE% doesn't result in the "save changes" button becoming available unless some other change (to the comment, say) is made.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:53:13 AM by oblivion » Logged

-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:38 AM »

And I've just realised, when I edit a node that only has a local reference to an icon (because it's a menu, say) changing the drive reference to %APPDRIVE% doesn't result in the "save changes" button becoming available unless some other change (to the comment, say) is made.

this part will be fixed in next release.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.02 ]