Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 06:15:15 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just Had a Baby Girl~!  (Read 8122 times)
erikts
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »

Congratulation to Renegade and kunkel321.  smiley
I also have a daughter (19 months old).
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »

Congratulations  Kiss, Renegade! My "babies" are now 8 and just about 10 and I can tell you that it does not get any better than this! Having children is a huge life changer - REALLY. But it's all worth it.

Enjoy your precious child. Everyone will tell you that the time flies and they are NOT wrong. You'll wake up tomorrow with a 10 year old daughter and wonder what happened to the previous decade.

Now, where the hell are the pictures  Angry It never happened if there's no picture!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
steeladept
Supporting Member

Fettucini alfredo is macaroni & cheese for adults

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »

One piece of good news is that it doesn't take all that long to figure out which end to wipe first.
At that age it is both ends, as well as front and back.  At least it was with both of my girls...Just beware the spaghetti in about a year.  Your jokes about the spaghetti monster WILL take on new meanings.

Congratulations.
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »

Congrats kunkel321 smiley

Baby pics from both soon?  cheesy
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »

You'll wake up tomorrow with a 10 year old daughter and wonder what happened to the previous decade.

Imagine renegade talking about censorship at home after 10 years -" No TV for 2 weeks, No iTunes for 2 months" etc etc and then getting angry about Big brother censorships here in forums. Bookmark this thread.  Sweet cheesy
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »

Congrats, Ren!

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

kunkel321
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »

Tastes like sleep deprivation...   Wink

I didn't mean to hijack Renegade's thread, so I'll post over on the "Let's Meet" thread....
anandcoral
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »

Congratulation Renegade for the new bundle of joy.  smiley

Do not be afraid by all the comments. Today's baby are more smarter than we were. Very soon she will guide you how to use the new touch walls.

My son expects a computer as obvious item at any home, and I still remember the first black and white TV, at the rich neighbor's house. 

Regards,

Anand
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »

Today's baby are more smarter than we were.
Maybe they even know English better.

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »

Congratulations and happiness !!!

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »

Today's baby are more smarter than we were.
Maybe they even know English better.

Hes from India (Border of Bangladesh) - Gonna go ahead and assume English is not his first language smiley

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »

Neither it is mine.  smiley
Not even my second one.

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

Tastes like sleep deprivation...   Wink

I didn't mean to hijack Renegade's thread, so I'll post over on the "Let's Meet" thread....

I dont think Renegade will mind a (baby) party. Congrats to you too kunkel Kiss

Tom
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:53 AM »

Well, I've developed a bizarre urge to not post any pictures... Odd. I've posted lots before, but now, seems different... Anyways...

I've posted 3 pictures in my public Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryansmyth/

I don't want to post them anywhere else, as I'd like to maintain control over the pictures.

She's learned how to cry, and is doing very well. Actually, surprisingly well.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 09:09:29 AM »

Gorgeous! She's a keeper. Thank you for the pictures - I understand about the reluctance to post them; my wife and I both had a similar reaction after having our kids.

Crying sounds familiar- don't worry, though, the sleepless nights only SEEM to go on forever.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »

Gorgeous! She's a keeper. Thank you for the pictures - I understand about the reluctance to post them; my wife and I both had a similar reaction after having our kids.

Crying sounds familiar- don't worry, though, the sleepless nights only SEEM to go on forever.

Yeah, it's bizarre. I've sent a lot of photos to family, but, just can't post them publicly.

A friend told me that my perspective on a lot of things would change once she was born. He's right. Some perspectives are changing.

As for the crying, it only lasts a short time. I can get her to stop pretty easily. So far... Haven't done this before, so we'll see! smiley

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 10:03:16 AM »

Yeah, it's bizarre. I've sent a lot of photos to family, but, just can't post them publicly.

A friend told me that my perspective on a lot of things would change once she was born. He's right. Some perspectives are changing.

As for the crying, it only lasts a short time. I can get her to stop pretty easily. So far... Haven't done this before, so we'll see! smiley

AWW She is stunning! - Its a good idea not to post publicly online, retaining full control of your children's photo's seems perfectly natural cheesy

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
kunkel321
Supporting Member

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »

Hey....   Still cannot see pictures!
Edit:  Oh woops--just saw your flickr link.  I guess I know what you mean about not posting publicly....  I posted my daughter's full name and date of birth on my facebook wall, then felt sortof paranoid afterward...  Like somebody might steal her identity or something.   idk...

Anyway--awesome looking girl you have there!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:37:42 PM by kunkel321 » Logged
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »

Exposure to "responsibility" in the purest and most absolute sense of the word does that to you.

Falling in love can do that too. But, once a child enters the picture, you can't honestly say your life is completely your own any more.  

Isn't it odd how paradoxically liberating that loss of personal freedom becomes?

Not a bad trade-off giving up some personal freedom in order to acquire an additional purpose in life: a family.

Family...

Almost magical isn't it?  smiley

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
cyberdiva
Supporting Member

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »

Congratulations, Renegade and kunkel321.  Renegade, I understand your reluctance to post your very adorable daughter's photos publicly.  I confess that I didn't worry about such things when my son was born--mostly because there wasn't yet a Web.  Grin
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »

No seriously, good luck and congrats. (You're going to need it!) I only hoped you named her after me.

- zaine (on Google+)
PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »

Congratulations, Renegade and kunkel321.

Can you already change diapers blind folded?
Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 02:26:07 AM »

Can you already change diapers blind folded?

Hahahah~! No... Not yet... My guess is that the random nature of pooh makes it a bit tough. cheesy

Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »

Exposure to "responsibility" in the purest and most absolute sense of the word does that to you.

Falling in love can do that too. But, once a child enters the picture, you can't honestly say your life is completely your own any more. 

Isn't it odd how paradoxically liberating that loss of personal freedom becomes?

Not a bad trade-off giving up some personal freedom in order to acquire an additional purpose in life: a family.

Family...

Almost magical isn't it?  smiley

It is! My focus shifted entirely from my own future to that of my son's (now sons'). I lost all interest in my PhD and let it fade away over a protracted [cough]six years[/cough]  embarassed That probably DOESN'T sound positive or thinking about my son's future, but it was. I should never have started the thing in the first place; having a child brought that into stark focus for me. I wanted security, stability, and time with my son, not running like a rat on a wheel trying to get ahead in academia, moving every few years in search of tenure, frequent travel to conferences/fieldwork, late nights working on papers, research, and grant proposals, etc.

Enjoy this time, Renegade and kunkel321! You *almost* make me want to do it all over again!

J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »

Well, I've developed a bizarre urge to not post any pictures... Odd. I've posted lots before, but now, seems different... Anyways...

I've posted 3 pictures in my public Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryansmyth/

I don't want to post them anywhere else, as I'd like to maintain control over the pictures.

She's learned how to cry, and is doing very well. Actually, surprisingly well.

Congratulations!!!

You'll now learn a lot more about love... and sacrifice! (sounds ominous, but you'll understand soon enough!)

BTW, if you search here on DC you should find some posts I made about why I pulled most pics of my children & grandchildren from my Flickr account. Some idiot on Flickr had collections about "erotic children pics" and had linked to some of mine. Flickr's "privacy" settings aren't all that private. I keep pics that I want private on SmugMug now. More expensive but a lot tougher for people to crack.

Anyway, enjoy! Life will become very interesting now! And very joyous!

Take care,

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.053s | Server load: 0.11 ]