topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:23 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: MoveIt 1.5.1.0  (Read 64653 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MoveIt 1.5.1.0
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:39 PM »
MoveIt 1.5.0.0

New Download Page:

http://www.milesaheadsoftware.org

See Readme.txt included in the zip for details and revision history.

( Note:  ShapeShift functionality has evolved into the MoveIt utility. )
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:08 AM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.8.0
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Shape Shift 1.0.8.0 Improved Undo window detection code.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.1.0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:30 AM »
Shape Shift 1.0.9.0  and SectionAte 1.0.1.0  Fixed command line arg bug in both programs.

SectionAte 1.0.1.0 This is similar to Shape Shift. The 2 should not be used together since they use the same Alt Arrow hotkeys. SectionAte has no PopUp Gui window. It's faster and simpler.  Hold down middle mouse button on a window frame that is resizeable(in other words, not a dialog, toolbar, desktop, rocketdock, start menu etc..) and hit one of the keys to size and move the active window.  About Dialog has a list of keys. If the active window does not have resizeable border attribute, nothing will happen. No Ding will be played for an error.  This is sort of like Shape Shift for the power user who remembers keys and thinks a Gui gets in the way and slows things down.

The one that does more than one thing is 'g' key.  g is for Grid. The location of the window origin determines which section of the grid the window will snap to. SectionAte is slightly different than Shape Shift. It only takes a few seconds the try it out and see what reactions you get. Also I didn't bother with an Undo function since the test for a resizeable border seems to screen out stuff like resizing Rocketdock or the taskbar.

Both programs will peacefully coexist with TicClick. If you wish to make a certain shape then zap it to another part of the screen TicClick may be useful there. Although the Alt Arrow functions snug the window to the edge of the work area. You may drag with the mouse until close to an edge then hit Alt Arrow to put it flush.

SectionAte uses the same margin=n command line arg. Use 0 for n to get rid of the margin altogether.  Anyway, SectionAte is so simple the About Box should really be all you need. There's not even a Readme.txt in the zip.

The download page for both programs is the same. See first post for link.

Enjoy. :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Shape Shift 1.0.7.0[/b] is a Tray Hotkey to change the shape and size of the active window. You may also use it to move the active window in one dimension without it going out of the work area.

Neat utility, MilesAhead.   :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Thanks skwire. I'm investigating how to backtrack the size changes. I have to play around with AHK_L arrays/objects to get the hang of them.  Once I know how they work I can decide how to implement an undo redo like an editor.... maybe. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.2.0
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:44 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.2.0 Added Undo key.  See About Box for info.

Note. Since this utility depends on holding down the Middle Mouse Button, if you have Middle Mouse set to double click, you may see the window maximize as soon as you hold down the mouse button.

I have Transpose hotkey set to do this for Explorer windows. I added a line to test for SectionAte running to neutralize it.

Initially I tried holding down left mouse button and right mouse button. But there were even more unwanted side effects. Just too many hotkeys running. :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:08 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.3.0
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 04:36 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.3.0 Added Mouse Hotkey to help avoid conflicts. If you have Middle Mouse Button already used, the alternative is to Winkey Click the window, then hit the same key you would hit if holding Middle Mouse.  Just Winkey Left Click normally, then the program will wait for a single key press.  'g' = Grid, 'u' = Undo etc..

About Box has been updated.

Here's a screen shot of the grid. I expect to add more grids. But I don't know how the stuff looks on a flat screen. I'm using an old CRT monitor. But that's for the future.

Screen.jpg

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:07 PM »
If you have Middle Mouse Button already used, the alternative is to Winkey Click the window, then hit the same key you would hit if holding Middle Mouse.

sounds good (I wanted to request an alternative, but somehow thought there was no other option to middle-click).
I'll try this one, thanks miles :up:
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:23 PM »
You are welcome Tomos. Glad you're trying out the program. :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 08:38 PM »
You are welcome Tomos. Glad you're trying out the program. :)

I like it
-fussy-beggar-here-:
would it be possible to remove the mouse completely from the equation?
Trying to think what could possibly be used:
Win+S ?

(Win+S - with IntelliType software installed - Toggles CAPS LOCK on and off - wouldnt bother me, but might others
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449 )
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:53 PM »
In the main program code portion that's shown below, change the line
"~#LButton::"  to "~#s"  for Winkey +s or whatever you want. If you leave the tilde at the beginning (~) Winkey +s on the system will also fire. If you want to prevent that, remove the tilde.

; Winkey click window then press a key
~#LButton::
  Input,key,L1
  if (key != "u")    
    goto,bypass
  else
    gosub,DoUndo
return

edit: I just updated so I would recommend downloading the new version. It is the same but with a command to delete dead undo info. Just saves a bit of memory if you leave the program running in the tray constantly.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:08 AM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.4.0
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 12:10 AM »
SectionAte 1.0.4.0 Added Delete Dead Window Info command to tray menu. It just removes window handles to windows that have been closed, from the Undo info.  The handles are used as keys to an array of position and size info for the undo.

May save some memory if you leave the app running in the tray continually.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 04:40 PM »
would it be possible to remove the mouse completely from the equation?

I'm working on adding a menu command to just type in the hotkey. There's a built in function for it. It's limited in the hotkeys it will accept, but it's convenient. It won't accept Winkey modifier. But something with alt control or shift or combinations and a letter should work.

I'll post when I get it working.
Once you have the .ini file with the hotkey then you should be able to edit it to change the modifier to # for the Winkey. You just can't type Winkey hotkeys directly in the little hotkey gui thingy. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.6.0
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 05:50 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.6.0 Added command to Tray Menu to set a Keyboard Hotkey. Once an .ini file is saved, you may quit the program and edit it so enter a hotkey that will not work in the Hotkey Gui. For example I tried #s for Winkey +s in the .ini file, and it worked.

Note that for every hotkey other than holding down Middle Mouse Button, you hit the hotkey and release, then the app waits silently for one key press.  That's the number 1 to 3 or letter such as 'g' for grid etc..

The new version has been uploaded. I also included a Readme.txt in the zip along with source and custom icon.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.7.0
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 09:06 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.7.0 Added Tray Menu command to enter keyboard hotkey as plain text. This should eliminate the need to edit the .ini file. Also the User Defined Keyboard Hotkey is displayed in the About Box. If there isn't one defined it shows a blank space next to that text.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.8.0
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 10:29 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.8.0 Fixed Hotkey editing code. I had to add some spaghetti to handle 2 different methods of editing the keyboard hotkey without resorting to the .ini file edit. Now you can also use either one to set the hotkey to blank.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.9.0
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.9.0 Fixed user hotkey edit bug where setting the hotkey blank generated an error msg.

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 03:21 PM »
this seems very interesting!

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Thank you. I'm playing around with adding more than one undo per window. But I'm wondering how much actual utility that would have. Not really like an editor. It would probably be more useful to add desktop templates with different section patterns. Just have the numbering clockwise from top left. If so then I need to get some images to show the user the pattern for selection.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 08:39 PM »
I have a prototype with Tray Menu that lets you click among 4 grid icons. They are all the same 3 section grid rotated. I think I have the positioning down. It's just a matter of moving the new code into the app without breaking anything.

The tray menu will show these 4 icons with text Grid A Grid B Grid C Grid D with the current shown by check mark.

GridA.png  GridB.png  GridC.png  GridD.png

I hope to have something to post this weekend.

Changing the current grid style only effect new moves. I toyed around with monitoring drag but there's a lot of problems with letting go of the mouse, timers, etc.. Complicated and eats resources watching stuff.  Whereas this method is simple and doesn't do much unless you are hitting a hotkey.  Should only use a few MB.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.10.0
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 09:46 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.10.0 This seems to work. Let me know if you find any bugs. :)

The same 3 section grid may be rotated via Tray Menu.  The letter commands such as 'c' for center and 's' for square operate independently of the grid.  If find 'c' nice for centering an editor on screen using most of the desktop, but not maximized.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.11.0
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 10:58 PM »
SectionAte 1.0.11.0 Added a fifth grid.  Grid E is just a top/bottom 50 50 work area split. Win7 snap already does the side by side.

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 01:02 AM »
I've been following this small app of yours for some time now, and it never really clicked with me due to high number of required clicks. But with new hot-key integration it is just great, a real time saver...

Grid E is just a top/bottom 50 50 work area split. Win7 snap already does the side by side.

Could you add "side by side" anyway? I'm on XP, and I don't know how to add that. What'd be even better, is the option that'd enable the user to create grid elements and save them as custom template.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 02:34 AM »
I've been following this small app of yours for some time now, and it never really clicked with me due to high number of required clicks. But with new hot-key integration it is just great, a real time saver...

Grid E is just a top/bottom 50 50 work area split. Win7 snap already does the side by side.

Could you add "side by side" anyway? I'm on XP, and I don't know how to add that. What'd be even better, is the option that'd enable the user to create grid elements and save them as custom template.

Yeah, I know. That's the reason the programs that provide it charge like $29.95. It takes way too much work to accommodate a variable number of sections each with a variable percentage of screen space. To be honest I don't use grid myself much. I thought I'd take a shot at doing an easy version of it since I saw some mentioned on some forums.

But I can add the side by side grid. That's pretty easy. It's just every one added I have to modify the other 5 or 6 or 7 that come before it. But I can see side by side is useful. I should post it before the weekend is out. Thanks for the interest. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and SectionAte 1.0.12.0
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 03:00 AM »
SectionAte 1.0.12.0 Added side by side Grid. I think this is going to be stable for awhile. Recursive user configurable subsections requires some fancy toolkits I can't purchase.  I suggest combining this tool with TicClick. Once you have the size then if you want to move it to another edge in one click that will do it.  Although it's not all that bad using Alt Arrow to move stuff.

If you find any bugs please let me know. I'll try to squash 'em if it's something I'm equipped to handle. :)