topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SrtRetime 1.2.0.0  (Read 3933 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SrtRetime 1.2.0.0
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:04 PM »
SrtRetime 1.0.0.0 Usage: SrtRetime /?  (displays Usage Dialog)

Usage: SrtRetime [ subfile.srt timingfile.srt ]

displays 2 File Open dialogs asking you for the 2 srt files(if not already specified on the command line.)  The timing lines (those with the " --> " in the line) will be read from the second file and inserted into the first.  The modified first file will be written out to a file with the original name, but _Retimed appended.  Example:
SrtRetime one.srt two.srt

output file is: one_retimed.srt.

If the 2 srt files do not have the same number of lines, or the timing lines do not match up, the program quits with an error msg.

You would use the program when you have 2 srt files for the same film. The first has good subs, but the timings are not right. The second has good timings, but the subs may be in another language or just not as good a translation(such as software translated subs.)

I implemented this using AutoIt3 3.3.8.0. It's meant to be used with English subs. Written as answer to a request on a video board subtitle subforum.  So it's just a hack. But it may come in handy occasionally. I know I'll find a use for it. :)

Just search this page for SrtRetime:
http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

edit: the zip includes the AutoIt3 source code in case you want to spiff it up some. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:12 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SrtRetime 1.1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:59 PM »
SrtRetime 1.1.0.0 Updated to count the number of timing lines in each SRT file to verify they have the same number of subs. Now it does not assume the timing lines will be on the same line numbers in each file. Individual subs may vary in the number of lines of text. Basically, it loops through the first file until it finds the next timing line, then uses an inner loop to get to the corresponding timing line in the second file.

As always I cannot guarantee what happens if the text files are Unicode. I wrote the app in AutoIt3 3.3.8.0 which claims to be "unicode aware." If you have non-English Windows all I can say is try it and see if it works for you.

Edit: there was a mixup in uploaded files.  Now if you run with /? command line switch, the usage dialog should show the file version.  It should show as: SrtRetime 1.1.0.0 copyright yadda yadda .. if you have the latest update. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:34 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SrtRetime 1.2.0.0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:14 PM »
SrtRetime 1.2.0.0 Updated the timing line counting routine. The 2nd file need not have any subs. It may consist totally of timing lines. If having problems due to the 2nd SRT file being in another language a work-around may be to use a timing line extractor that outputs to ANSI text.