Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 29, 2014, 03:48:12 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Licences for free software without code  (Read 1080 times)
sytone
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 01, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »

So, I want to relase some software I wrote but not the code. I also do not want people selling it under another name or its name either.

What licence options do I have, all the GPL ones are code focused.
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 03:55:36 PM »

A few simple & quick idea's: (as in 'Protect what you have', a paper license is just simply ignored)
- Put the name, checksummed, in prominent places in the UI, and on/in any output created (if possible).
- Put some kind of licensing scheme in place, like the one by DC member josant, in his NANY2012 entry

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »

It sounds like you just want to release it as freeware -- free but no source code.  Sounds like a pretty standard freeware license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.04 ]