Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 06:34:20 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sharpdot mouse cursor theme for X11 desktops  (Read 1251 times)
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »

Hello all, I've finally released something that is a product of my own two hands...

I remember my early days of learning Linux, my favorite mouse cursor was the Yellowdot set, but I always wanted something a little more... sharp.  So with a little learning about drawing with Inkscape, and reading xcursorgen man pages, I came up with a theme I called "SharpDot".  It wasn't complete, because lots of the cursors I just didn't get around to drawing, and I had no idea of the symlinking mess that is still required to get complete legacy compatibility.
It languished on my backup hard drives for a few years before I dusted it off, looking for something to post to my oDesk portfolio.

VoilĂ !

SharpDot cursors for X11 desktops
SharpDot is a flat-look cursor theme for X, inspired by Yellowdot.
Main cursors mostly named according to the Freedesktop cursor spec, with symlinks to satisfy legacy and hash names for maximum compatibility with applications that use xcursors.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sharpdotcursors/

Todo:
Replace the shell script build/install method with a proper makefile or more robust shell script.
Edit many of the SVG's for maximum compactness.
Make installable packages for systems that use Deb and RPM package management.
Multiple sizes (this would also pave the way for porting to Windows).

Many thanks to the authors and maintainers of Comix Cursors for the hard work gathering references for cursor names, hashes, and aliases needed to make the theme complete, and showing how the linking is done.

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.021s | Server load: 0.02 ]