Microsoft Press currently is providing 'free for the download' PDF/EPub/MOBI (DRM-free!) editions of the following two books:
Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 includes 10 chapters:
PART I DATABASE ADMINISTRATION (by Ross Mistry)
1. SQL Server 2012 Editions and Engine Enhancements
2. High-Availability and Disaster-Recovery Enhancements
3. Performance and Scalability
4. Security Enhancements
5. Programmability and Beyond-Relational Enhancements
PART II BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPMENT (by Stacia Misner)
6. Integration Services
7. Data Quality Services
8. Master Data Services
9. Analysis Services and PowerPivot
10. Reporting Services
We are releasing this title to help you learn about the new features and capabilities in SQL Server 2012, which Microsoft released to manufacturing (RTM) on March 6, 2012. You can expect general availability of the product to begin on April 1, 2012.
Please help us share the news about this ebook. And enjoy!
For those interested in some of what Microsoft is getting up to in the cloud, check out:Microsoft Office 365: Connect and Collaborate Virtually Anywhere, Anytime
Microsoft Office 365: Connect and Collaborate Virtually Anywhere, Anytime is all about cloud solutions for small businesses, focusing on the core software services (Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Office Web Apps, and Microsoft Lync), and demonstrating ways you can create, manage, and lead teams effectively using the communications and collaborative online tools.
You’ll find helpful ideas and solutions in Office 365 if you
· Own or work in a small business and want to be flexible where and when you work.
· Need to collaborate with others near or far.
· Want to store and work with files online from any point you have web access.
· Lead a team online or face to face.
PDF copies can be downloaded from link above. MOBI and ePub versions can be found here