Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 01:18:08 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wildcard for process kill  (Read 2246 times)
ginger
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »

Recently I've noticed regular occurrences of process like GoogleCrashHandler.exe or GoogleUpdater.exe running themselves up (I presume from google aps like Chrome). Though I set these processes to autokill, because they run themselves up from temp directories (that change from day to day), processtamer does not recognise them on their next occurrence. It will only recognise them if they run from the same location as previously. What would be great is to be able to set a wildcard like: Google* free of any directory structure - so that the app could recognise & deal with them.
db90h
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Member

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »

UNTIL mouser gets this added to Process Tamer, and I'm sure he will in time...

Process Lasso supports 'disallowed processes', even by wildcard. This is one of its 'always free' features. I'd understand if you prefer Process Tamer, mouser's application is more than worthy, and I understand a loyalty to him. You can always go back, switch as needed, LOL. The two *will* run OK in tandem, so long as there are no conflicting rules. I actually made sure of this. It will not be optimal at all, but it will be fine.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:57:18 PM by db90h » Logged
ginger
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »

Thanks db90h - that's great smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF