Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 02:00:53 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are your favorite Soundtracks or Scores to listen to  (Read 2821 times)
vegas
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:14:49 PM »

Whether you are feeling blue, energized, relaxed, lazy, looking for some motivation or whatever.  What are some of your favorite soundtracks to pop in or queue up.  Mainstream or not, soundtrack or score, what really turns your clock?  Just seems as though the musical arrangements used in movies, tv shows, plays, musicals, etc. can really have a way of connecting.

Looking through my collection, here are some of my personal favorites:

Vanilla Sky  |  Jackie Brown  |  The Big Lebowski  |  Boogie Nights Vol. 1 & Vol. 2  |  A Night at the Roxbury  |  High Fidelity  |  Forrest Gump Orignal Score  |  Rising Sun Score

I guess the point of this thread could be to see what interests everyone else has here and maybe discover some music we didn't know about.
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 12:31:20 AM »

Gotta be Shawshank Redemption and Car Wash.

- zaine (on Google+)
JeffK
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 04:31:18 AM »

I have loved the barn building music from "Witness"

Jeff
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:15:06 AM »

This is my favourite style of music, since i love watching movies.
I'd go for A Beautiful Mind, Star Wars, Catch Me If You Can, Gladiator, Pearl Harbour and Black Hawk Down.

m_s
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 05:45:24 AM »

Not exactly soundtracks, but in some ways similar: I've recently started listening to an Australian podcast ambient program - http://www.ultimathule.info

And similarly, there's http://www.severence.net - which is what I'm listening to right now.
wr975
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 06:52:19 AM »

My favorite score from my collection is without a doubt

Basil Poledouris - Conan The Destroyer

Christopher Young's score for Hellraiser 1 + 2 is also very nice. Also like scores for The Rock, Gone in 60 seconds, Con Air,...

My favorite soundtrack is probably

"O Brother, Where Art Thou".

I also like OSTs from Disney movies like Lion King, Tarzan, Brother Bear, Home on the Range.... And - I guess that's pretty weird - I really like the OST for Team America World Police.  embarassed
momonan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:25:57 AM »

Some of my favorites are listed.  Thanks for reminding me.  Here are three more that stay on the top of my list:

●Talk to Her (another Almadovar/Iglesias collaboration, with the great singing of Caetano Velosa)

●Bagdad Café (wonderful, in itself, but priceless if you’ve seen the movie)

●Crash (be sure to get the real Mark Isham soundtrack, and not the “inspired by” one)

When you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning - Catherine Aird
allen
Charter Member