Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 19, 2014, 11:52:20 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: I Need DC Input  (Read 14348 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »

The new build is progressing  :Thmbsup

Rock on!  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Chris
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2012, 03:33:39 AM »

Grin

If you need help - JUST ASK!
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2012, 03:21:11 AM »

UPDATE UPDATE  Grin

Skywalker (old drive) has transferred his belongings to the Enterprise! (New Drive) and is now bunking next to Data (partition for data)  Grin

Hit a glitch after wiping old drive as I forgot to change boot order and deleted wrong system from BCD  embarassed

Anyway all good now after a boot repair and the Enterprise is up and running at Warp Speed!

Thanks to DC and especially stoic and 4wd  Kiss Kiss

Now you can 'rest' until I need guidance for my Linux install!  cheesy

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2012, 05:56:32 AM »

Now you can 'rest' until I need guidance for my Linux install!  cheesy

For the installation of Linux, I'd recommend you unplug the SATA drive with Win7 on it - that way there's no chance of partitioning the wrong drive or of LILO, GRUB or something being written to it and screwing up the Windows boot.  Afterwards you could add the Linux entry to the Windows boot menu using EasyBCD.

Or give Wubi a try, (which you can also add to the start menu, looking at EasyBCD).

But over to someone more knowledgeable than me for Linux.  cheesy

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »

Skywalker (old drive) has transferred his belongings to the Enterprise! (New Drive) and is now bunking next to Data (partition for data)
Anyway all good now after a boot repair and the Enterprise is up and running at Warp Speed!
Well done!  Thmbsup
You have plenty of drive but a warped sense of humour...

Oh, and you should tell your Mum that it's okay for her to get up from the floor now!

Chris
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2012, 04:08:25 AM »

Grin

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.37 ]