Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 22, 2014, 01:31:53 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DBISAM error #11013  (Read 5970 times)
Booma-Booma
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:31:59 AM »

I downloaded and installed Clipboard Help+Spell to try it out but I keep getting these errors after installing it (see attached screen shots)

Error 1) DBISAM error #11013 Access denied to Table or backup file '17120'
Error 2) Error creating table handle

I tried uninstalling and reinstall but I still get the same error.

I am trying this on a windows 2000 computer. I tried this on a windows xp and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

* Screenshot - 9_29_2006 , 8_22_49 AM.png (7.58 KB, 434x119 - viewed 248 times.)

* Screenshot - 9_29_2006 , 8_23_00 AM.png (4.34 KB, 207x119 - viewed 249 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »

grrrrr  Angry  damn database..
try this:
exit the program, then go to the database subdirectory of clipboard help+spell, and move the files there out of there someplace else, and restart.  please keep those database files though, because i need to write some code to auto handle this case.

someone else has posted another database problem in another thread, so clearly i have to dump dbisam or else figure out why it is occasionally freaking out..  i'll get it fixed..
Booma-Booma
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »

grrrrr  Angry  damn database..
try this:
exit the program, then go to the database subdirectory of clipboard help+spell, and move the files there out of there someplace else, and restart.  please keep those database files though, because i need to write some code to auto handle this case.

someone else has posted another database problem in another thread, so clearly i have to dump dbisam or else figure out why it is occasionally freaking out..  i'll get it fixed..

I'll try that when I get back to work. Hopefully that will take care of it. Did you want me to send you those DB files?

Might I suggest sqlite as a db backend. Perhaps even Firebird.

I am currently investigating sqlite for a code database project that I am working on, it looks very promising.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 07:44:08 AM »

yeah i've looked at sqlite and i almost chose it when i started.. so i may give it another try, it does look nice i agree.

no need to send but do me a favor and keep the files somewhere so that if i come up with a fix we can test it on those broken files.
Booma-Booma
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:10:08 AM »

mouser,
I moved the database files out of the folder and restarted the program. It still comes back with the same error.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:13:32 AM »

well in some sense, believe it or not, this is a good thing - reliable bugs are the easiest to fix.  give me a few days to take card of upgrading some other software and i will get back to you about a fix.  don't worry, we'll solve it.
Booma-Booma
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:10 AM »

That sounds great!

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF