topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: 24-Hours Giveaway - VX Search Pro  (Read 22882 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 24-Hours Giveaway - VX Search Pro
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Though I missed the free license promo, the Pro version is certainly priced reasonably. Please post more reviews if you can DCers; if this search is that much better than Windows Search and Everything then I will definitely pick it up!

(Not that I don’t believe your proclamation of "a million times better than trying Windows search", Renegade.... but I have a feeling that you might have been using hyperbolè...   ;)   :D  )

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT:  I do like the fact that the developer committed to making shell integration configurable in November's update. Too many programs don’t offer that and become major nuisances because of it. Two examples are Ad Muncher and Surfulater; between them thay added 9 separate items to the IE menu! Ad Muncher seems to have finally fixed this and now has only one submenu instead, but Surfulater still has four entries there. I can remove all via the registry or utilities like Toolbar Cop but the next time IE is open and I start either app the entries all return.
 :(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:48 AM by J-Mac, Reason: Added a comment. »

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 24-Hours Giveaway - VX Search Pro
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 05:36 AM »

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007