Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 23, 2014, 11:46:34 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which programming IDE for Web development?  (Read 1662 times)
highend01
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 12, 2011, 03:11:34 AM »

Can anyone recommend an IDE for PHP, MySQL, HTML(5), CSS and Javascript (that supports GitHub)?

Something you've been / you are using yourself.

I'm currently looking at PhpStorm and Netbeans but I not a big fan of Software that uses Java for it's GUI ;(
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 03:41:43 AM »

The only (free) alternative you didn't mention is IMHO Eclipse, but that also has a Java UI cheesy

Visual Studio can do all you mention (some parts requiring a plugin) and doesn't have a Java UI, but the version you'd need isn't free, AFAICS. Sad

highend01
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:05:27 AM »

Aptana could be an alternative, too. But I read a lot of really bad comments about it (slow, buggy)...

Regarding Visual Studio: PHP only via e.g. VS.PHP and for plugins in general (e.g. github) you can't use the express version so that will be quite expensive.

Btw. does anyone really use MS Visual Studio (Pro / Ultimate) with VS.PHP and can share his opinion if it's worth?

Tia,
highend
mwb1100
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:04:53 PM »

Regarding Visual Studio: PHP only via e.g. VS.PHP and for plugins in general (e.g. github) you can't use the express version so that will be quite expensive.

VS.PHP also supports running in the "Visual Studio 2010 shell", so it's not necessary to actually have a purchased version of Visual Studio.

Note: I haven't used VS.PHP so this isn't any kind of endorsement - I'm just saying that it's not necessary to own a non-Express version of Visual Studio in order to use VS.PHP.

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 02:04:42 AM »

PhpDesigner (Paid) and few of these tools .....

Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 02:01:15 PM »

But I read a lot of really bad comments about it (slow, buggy)...
How recent are those comments? If over 1.5 years, then disregard them, as then Eclipse was slow and buggy, because of, amongst things, migration to Vista/Win7.
Current Eclipse (based) IDE's (3.7.x) are much better and quite very stable.

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »

as then Eclipse was slow and buggy, because of, amongst things, migration to Vista/Win7.
Eh, what? I always had the impression it was slow due to being Java based.

- carpe noctem
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 08:37:09 PM »

as then Eclipse was slow and buggy, because of, amongst things, migration to Vista/Win7.

Shhh!  Quit pointing out the elephant in the room!

Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 01:41:32 AM »

amongst things
That is another reason, and why I wrote it this way tellme

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0 ]