Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 22, 2014, 08:35:44 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Geek -- Helping businesses sell technology to women  (Read 1474 times)
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »

Lady Geek, among their services:
"Although teenage girls are using the Internet in the same way as men, they are FIVE times less likely to consider a technology rated career.  The situation is worse than it was 20 years ago. Lady Geek is inspiring young girls to consider a career in technology."
http://ladygeek.com/

- zaine (on Google+)
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »

Nothing funnier than good satire...

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »

At first I thought this was one of those sites helping women get involved in technology.

On closer look it seems to be a big advert for a company trying to sell it's services advising companies how to market to women.  thumb down

zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »

Here's a better link instead by Louis Gray:

Women in Tech and Media
https://plus.google.com/1...0515335/posts/AQjL31jgUX8

A thriving online community is the product of the people participating, the content being shared, and the technology that makes it all possible. For me, the active women on Google+, particularly those who live tech and media, play a major role in my stream. I'm happy to share with you a list of active women on Google+ who make tech, talk tech, or live tech.

- zaine (on Google+)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »

Cool.

I also like the blog GeekMom.
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »

I think arguably few individuals will have succeeded as well as Steve Shirley in terms of encouraging women to work in IT. I have been a fan of hers since the '70s when I saw how she built up F.I. Group. I think she started by getting contracts for IT work which was assigned to highly skilled solo mothers, so they could work from home (thus tapping into a rich vein of resources and incurring little or no office overhead costs). What an amazingly developmental and beneficial life (for humanity) she has led.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.02 ]