topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 40% off on Notezilla Sticky Notes Program only on 17th August  (Read 10531 times)

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Hello All,

Notezilla sticky notes program will be offered at 40% discount only on Wednesday 17th August 2011 on BitsDuJour website.

Link is here: http://www.bitsdujou...m/software/notezilla

Thanks. Don't miss it!

Regards,
Gautam Jain

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 40% off on Notezilla Sticky Notes Program only on 17th August
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:44 PM »

wow, you cant look at BitsDuJour offers unless you give your email...
Tom

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:44 PM »
wow, you cant look at BitsDuJour offers unless you give your email...
Wow. So it does! That's interesting.
However, you might be interested to note that each day's post on Bdj it shows up nice and clear in Google reader, and you can go straight from the reader view for a post to the download page, bypassing the email nag screen

I had already become seriously irritated by the nagging pop-up of Giveawayoftheday.com every time I went to read about a new post from it via my Google reader and had deleted the site from my subscriptions, but this moronic stupidity of BitsDuJour literally just takes my breath away. It's a definite marketing fail or "own goal" to deliberately block customers from accessing the special deal unless they allow their email address to be collected for spamming.

Well, never mind, that's one more website I shall probably never bother to look at again. It's so easy to delete a subscription from Google reader.
I already filter my reading list using Google reader, but when a website filters itself out from your reading list like that, it merely expedites things by saving you the trouble of thinking about doing it.
It also prejudices me mightily against the software that employs strong-arm tactics in its promotion.
Which, in this case, is a pity. I had just been systematically retrialling and reviewing a bunch of Sticky-Note type tools and PIMs - including Notezilla in particular - and was thinking that I might wait until the next discounted release of Notezilla and then buy it.

Not now though!
I shall stick with my trusty Stickies, which I find hard to beat.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 04:52 PM »
When it asks for your email, hit 'Skip' below the entry box  :)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:23 PM »
And Notezilla is definitely worth it. :)

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:24 AM »

Thanks @wraith808

Thanks everybody :)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46 AM »
Looks like the Bdj page has been hurriedly modified to remove the clever (NOT) email address "block" popup.     :D
"Why are we all so stupid?" (quote W Edwards Deming).

By the way, I could be wrong, of course, but the version of Notezilla for sale is v7 and it appears to be the same  (v7.0.0.85 date 2008-11-11) as I recently trialled and which I also trialled in 2008/9.
Looks like development may have stopped. (?)

If that is the case, then the next version might be interesting and worth waiting for, but I would not recommend that anyone spend their cognitive surplus on this v7.

Mind you elsewhere on DC forum, Notezilla seems to enjoy a good rep., and there's this:
Old 3M Post-it notes was much lighter, compatible with older OS's, had ability to send notes over lan to another pc. New one is .NET, uses more resources, less features, most "improvements" that I could see were simply eye candy.

Notezilla, in comparison to 3M Post-it Notes is the superior product with a lot more useful features, less limitations, more flexibility and a much better layout overall.

There are a few things that 3M did better, like the alarm manager, but the benefits of Notezilla outweigh anything I would have got with the best of both versions of 3M's application, combined.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:53 AM by IainB »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:07 AM »
Notezilla is a fantastic application, worth every penny. I have never regretted moving from 3M's Post-it Digital notes to Notezilla. I am even running Notezilla under WINE in Ubuntu. It works quite well, as long as you don't have anything else running in WINE that needs you to install IE. (There is a serious lack of decent sticky notes apps for Linux)

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 05:25 AM »

Thanks a lot @IainB and @app103.

Notezilla's development has not stopped. It has been little slow due to other products (RecentX & Copywhiz).

The development is going on. We are planning to launch the new version in 4-6 months. However, we will not be in a position to immediately offer the new version at discounted price on BitsDuJour, definitely.

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 06:23 AM »
I'm liking notezilla. It'd be infinitely better if it adopted the search from cintanotes :)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:31 AM »

The development is going on. We are planning to launch the new version in 4-6 months. However, we will not be in a position to immediately offer the new version at discounted price on BitsDuJour, definitely.

So then buying at BDJ gives us only 4-6 month of usage. Then we need to pay another $20... considering that we don't know what new features will be in v. 8... it feels a bit of a bad deal to buy it now. I'd gladly pay twice in 6 months for a product that is worth it, but given the excellent freeware in this niche, v. 8 better be a major release...

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:15 AM »
No, buying at BDJ gives you as much usage as you want.  Of course, if you want the spiffy new features, you pay the upgrade price, but your NoteZilla that you purchase today won't stop working...  :huh:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 03:17 PM »
BitsDuJour [...] a definite marketing fail or "own goal"
Another, to my mind, was dropping the weekly e-mails, to stop you knowing in advance what deals were coming up.  They seem to want you hitting their site every day, which doesn't work for me.  I'm not online every day.  Since dropping the BdJ e-mail, my credit card bill has been much more manageable  :)  However, I just tried resubscribing, as they say they've amended the daily e-mails to give some forward details.  I wanted to see how useful (or dangerous to my wallet) that was, but haven't seen any come through yet.

N.B.: in the BdJ item on Notezilla, conceptworld point out that the deal is applicable to the portable version too.  I realise that then one can run it from multiple PCs, but I think it's pretty expensive.  After all, you aren't going to use it from multiple PCs simultaneously.  Also, and I haven't checked Notezilla's license on this, I don't care for portable licenses that restrict you to a single USB stick.  It's not that I'm likely to actually use more than one at a time, but I like to have a ready-to-go back up.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 03:40 PM »
^ Not sure why you haven't received it yet.  And no, I'm not being a "white hat" for the site, I just appreciate what they do, and want them to keep doing it so try to help people around problems. :)

Mine from this morning (unformatted text, hiding behind a cut)
Spoiler

Welcome to the new "Daily Bits" email for Mac & PC. We have the same great deals, but in a brand new format! Remember each deal lasts just 24 hours, so be sure to click, download and check out what's on offer.

If you just want Mac or PC deals in this email, or want a text-only email Change Email Preferences.
Linkman Pro 8 (2 Computer License) for PC - 62% off Today Only
On Monday 15 Aug PST you can get Linkman Pro 8 (2 Computer License) at a huge discount!

Deal Price:
$14.99
You Save: 62%
List Price: $39.00
"Linkman is by far the best solution we've tried for keeping your bookmarks safe and up to date." -- CNET Editorial Review

Links, links, links. They're how we organize the internet, and for many of us, how we organize our lives. But how do we organize our links? How do we turn that rat's nest of hundreds, thousands, even tens-of-thousands of URLs into something useful, intuitive, and (most importantly) cross-browser?

With Linkman, of course!

Linkman -- short for Link Manager -- is a complete bookmark management solution that can efficiently organize and check large amounts of links and effectively replace your browser's native URL management system.

But best of all, Linkman offers uniform access across all of your browsers. Linkman allows you to install Firefox 3-5, IE 7-9, Chrome (all versions) and Opera 11 addons as optional components. No other bookmark manager features such comprehensive browser support. Not even close! Only Linkman ensures that all of your links will be readily accessible no matter which browser you're using at that particular moment!

But what about those nasty little 404 errors? After all, the internet changes over time, and a good link today might very well be a broken link tomorrow. Linkman includes powerful bookmark validation features that continually scan your link database for dead links, page movements, and even content changes!

And Linkman is fast, no matter how many links you've got stored away. Just start typing a keyword and get results within a second, even with link databases in the millions! In addition, Linkman allows you to combine wildcards and operators (AND, AND NOT, OR, "-") in your searches, and to utilize a powerful Search and Replace feature.

With secure password protection features, the ability to export and print out functional link reports, the option to install Linkman on a portable USB stick, and even the ability to sync databases between multiple computers, it's hard to think of anything Linkman can't do when it comes to bookmarks.

If you use bookmarks on a regular basis for work, play, or just plain living, you owe it to yourself to check out Linkman!

Version Alert: Linkman 8.0 offers up-to-date browser compatibility and fully supports the latest versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera.

See the Deal   Download      

Cacheman 7.10 (2 Computer License) for PC - 62% off Today Only
On Monday 15 Aug PST you can get Cacheman 7.10 (2 Computer License) at a huge discount!

Deal Price:
$14.99
You Save: 62%
List Price: $39.00
Check this out folks -- Cacheman was literally THE FIRST Windows performance optimization software. Ever! Millions of Windows power-users have been utilizing it since 1997 to keep their PCs running as smooth as silk. How's that for pedigree!

We've all been there. The more applications you install and run, the slower and buggier your computer gets over time. Mildly annoying at first, this gradual degeneration can become a serious time suck and eventually even require the purchase of a new computer. Not a fun situation!

Many of these performance issues are the result of inefficient, confused memory and process management by Windows. And this is where Cacheman steps in. Cacheman is specifically designed to enhance computer speed and stability by optimizing caches, managing memory, and fine-tuning system settings.

And by golly, it works! Just a few minutes with Cacheman and you'll experience noticeable performance increases across the board!

For power-users and experienced tweakers, Cacheman offers an unprecedented level of control over memory and system functions. Got a memory leak? Use Cacheman to minimize the damage by specifying a maximum usage for the leaking application. Want to allocate more CPU juice to some applications and less to others? Use Cacheman to set permanent process priorities so that your important applications will always have enough resources for optimum performance!

And for those wishing to continually monitor their system processes, Cacheman offers up to five fully-customizable system tray icons that provide relevant information at a glance. Besides being able to specify which information is displayed, you can change the type (graph, block, number) and even the colors!

Cacheman is clearly ideal for the power-user, but the developers haven't forgotten about those of us who aren't quite as technically-inclined. Cacheman offers novices a fantastically-simple One-Click Auto-Optimize tool that examines your system and automatically applies the best settings and system tweaks in order to improve performance and stability. You can even optimize your computer for specific tasks by selecting individual Auto-Optimization profiles like Gaming Computer or Notebook | Netbook.

And for your peace of mind, Cacheman features an advanced backup feature that allows you to revert any of your tweaks with a single click!

Why waste another second on system lag? Give Cacheman a try today and experience that new-computer feeling all over again!

See the Deal   Download      

RadioZilla for Mac & PC - 52% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$11.98
You Save: 52%
List Price: $24.95
RadioZilla gives you access to listen and download tracks from a global network of radio stations offering the best in music, sports, and talk.
See the Deal   Download      

Notezilla for PC - 40% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$17.95
You Save: 40%
List Price: $29.95
NoteZilla is an elegant Sticky Notes software for Windows. Create virtual sticky notes on your Desktop, on webpages... even organize them in folders!
See the Deal   Download      

Komodo IDE for Mac & PC - 30% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$206.50
You Save: 30%
List Price: $295.00
Komodo IDE gives you support for Python, PHP, Ruby, JavaScript, Perl and Web Dev, all in an environment that's suitable for development across Windows, Mac, or Linux platforms.
See the Deal   Download      

USB Safely Remove for PC - 40% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$11.94
You Save: 40%
List Price: $19.90
An advanced USB device manager that saves time, protects data, and extends the ways in which you can work with flash-drives, portable drives, card readers and other gadgets.
See the Deal   Download      

MacKeeper (2-Mac License) for Mac - 50% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$29.97
You Save: 50%
List Price: $59.95
MacKeeper is a cornucopia of system utilities, all designed to keep your Mac secure, clean, reliable, and as fast as the day you unboxed it.
See the Deal   Download      

Disk Watchman for PC - 50% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$13.50
You Save: 50%
List Price: $27.00
Disk Watchman monitors all of your storage devices, displaying free and used disk space in real-time, with email, text, and sound alerts when space runs low.
See the Deal   Download      

AllMyNotes Organizer for PC - 71% off - Coming Soon

Deal Price:
$9.97
You Save: 71%
List Price: $34.00
AllMyNotes Organizer is the easiest way to focus on writing your notes, keeping them organized in an electronic format that's fully searchable and secure.
See the Deal   Download      

HTH

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 03:10 PM »
^ Not sure why you haven't received it yet.
Perhaps because I'd unsubscribed?  But I'd have thought their system should be able to cope with re-subscription.

I'm not being a "white hat" for the site, I just appreciate what they do
I really didn't like them dropping the weekly e-mail, and still can't understand why they insist on daily ones.  When I saw something I wanted, I planned to go online on that day, and clicked through to the deal from their site, as the only way to get the deal anyway.  Can't see their problem.

Mine from this morning (unformatted text, hiding behind a cut)
Thanks!  I see, though, they give very little genuine warning.  Nearly everything is "coming soon."

Still, a few interesting things are "coming soon."  I recently downloaded the latest version of AllMyNotes Organizer (bought my license when a discount was offered here on DC), and it's getting closer to being a competent Web clipper.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I really didn't like them dropping the weekly e-mail, and still can't understand why they insist on daily ones.  When I saw something I wanted, I planned to go online on that day, and clicked through to the deal from their site, as the only way to get the deal anyway.  Can't see their problem.

I think to up their daily visitor count.  While it is an inconvenience, I know from trying to set up discounts and such that the companies want to see a significant daily visitor count.  So if you make it so that people don't have to visit, then you have less leverage to get companies to offer their software at a discount, let alone a significant discount.

If they said this up front and explained it, maybe people would be more understanding.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 03:18 PM »
I [...] still can't understand why they insist on daily {e-mails}

I think to up their daily visitor count.  While it is an inconvenience, I know from trying to set up discounts and such that the companies want to see a significant daily visitor count.  So if you make it so that people don't have to visit, then you have less leverage to get companies to offer their software at a discount, let alone a significant discount.
I see, though I don't like what it implies.  Companies would seem to see us as consumerist fashion-victim lemmings.  Given that most of the companies featured in BdJ are shareware rather than big corporations, I think that's sad and bad.

If they said this up front and explained it, maybe people would be more understanding.
I didn't read every post on their forum, but I certainly didn't see that clearly said.  It would have helped a little, though I'm still not going to be online every day.

Actually, if companies really want to get a user base of enthusiastic evangelists, they'd probably do best to offer discounts through established, well-respected software discussion sites - of which DC is the prime example...

Back on topic:

the Notezilla discount is TODAY, 2011-08-17
Ten hours plus remaining at the time of writing.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Actually, if companies really want to get a user base of enthusiastic evangelists, they'd probably do best to offer discounts through established, well-respected software discussion sites - of which DC is the prime example...

There has been a generous 30% off discount on Notezilla available here on DC for a very long time. It's just that this BDJ one is a little better.

But if you miss it, you can still take advantage of the one offered to DC members.

(Thanks conceptworld!)