Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 20, 2014, 11:35:19 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My First Aussie Gig =D  (Read 1734 times)
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »

Well, I managed to get a gig here in Australia. Should be interesting. I'm not exactly sure how things get done here, but we'll find out soon enough! smiley

Details are kind of sketchy, but I'll find out this morning when I go in. Hahahah~! I think I know what they're looking for, but we'll see. I generally like to go in 150% prepared, so this will be sort of different in more ways than 1.

My wife is happy, because it means that I'll be getting dressed civilly instead of my "around the house work clothes". smiley Which, other than those, I have only my good suits, which I LOVE. I simply tell my tailor whenever I go in, "I need three suits, and I want to be the best dressed person in the room. Show me what I should get." He never disappoints. smiley

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »

Congratulations on the job!  thumbs up
iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »

you sound a lot like my husband - he has suits, shirts and ties of the highest quality - and then stuff I'm embarrassed if he goes out of the house in, and almost nothing in between  undecided

edit: ok I exagerate - after my dad's death we did keep some of his casual clothes so now there are a few options in between.
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

Well, end of the week. I've learned a few things about how things are done "down under".

I had some false starts as the project manager wasn't in until Thursday (out sick), and what was related to me wasn't quite accurate. Close, but not quite.

It's fun being in a office again though. Probably one of the weirdest things has been speaking purely in English~! smiley I've never done that before. I ended up stuttering and pausing trying to figure out what I wanted to say a couple times!

@iphigenie -- I can completely understand your husband -- there's nothing like knowing when you walk into a room, if there is anyone as well dressed, then you'll be surprised. smiley

A close friend of mine turned me onto French cuffs... Man... I'll never look back! They're just slick!

However, I know that when we're in the same room, there's competition~! tongue  Grin

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Dormouse
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »

I simply tell my tailor whenever I go in, "I need three suits, and I want to be the best dressed person in the room. Show me what I should get." He never disappoints. smiley

If you're in three suits you'll certainly be the most dressed person in the room. Grin
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »

you'll certainly be the most dressed

Grin Grin Grin

Chris
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »

Hell, I haven't been in a suite since my wedding 20 years ago. Only had a tie on probably three time since then. I hate dressing up ... But I like freaking people out ... cause they never expect me to know what I do when they see me (until it's to late (hehe)).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.13 ]