topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Opera 11.5 Released  (Read 25157 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opera 11.5 Released
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 04:37 AM »
Moved to opera. Vimperopera plus shift arrows to access links with the keyboard (try it) sold it for me.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Plus every damn time I update Opera it sets itself as my default browser. Don’t like that.
That's odd--I don't recall it doing that on my computers.

Me neither. But lately I've been installing the portable versions of browsers whenever possible. That allows me to keep multiple versions without having to worry about extensions and add-ons getting broken by the newer versions. Usually I just keep them all on a USB key that I can take wherever I go. The only browser I have 'installed' in the traditional sense is IE.

I also use different browsers for different things, so I like not really having a default browser. 8)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:27 AM by 40hz »

longrun

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Plus every damn time I update Opera it sets itself as my default browser. Don’t like that.

I'm not using the latest Opera, but has the checkbox for Preferences>Advanced>Programs>Check if Opera is default browser on startup been eliminated?

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 02:04 AM »
> longrun

No, it is still there.

SKA

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 05:39 AM »
I am having this weird thing in Opera at the moment where the "delete" from shopping cart in amazon doesnt work. Needless to say it is annoying  :-\

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 06:26 AM »
Me too, iphigenie
various buttons on various webforms/(javascript?) don't work, but do in IE9. When I face this I just open in IE9 (tho' its a big waste of time, shrug).

Ska

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 08:00 AM »
I am having this weird thing in Opera at the moment where the "delete" from shopping cart in amazon doesnt work. Needless to say it is annoying  :-\
I just change quantity to 0 & update. Always did that anyway, because I'm more often changing 2 to 1, having added a 2nd by mistake.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I believe this started when I once had Secunia Inspector mistakenly set to automatically install Opera Updates - the first time it did Opera was reset as my default browser. Since then it resets to default every time I update. I tried using the Custom installation but didn't see the selection to disable that. Have to try again next time and look more carefully.

Jim

BTW, I had to uninstall IE9; it was working OK but too many programs stopped working well. E.g., Ultra Recall Pro, IQ, and a few others. Back to IE8 till it gets sorted.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:35 AM by J-Mac »

NigelH

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 01:07 PM »

I find most of my Opera issues with Amazon go away when I set Opera to mask as Firefox for Amazon.com

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 03:23 AM »
anyone know how to show the drop-down arrow in the addressbar - or if it's possible to get it back. I never use it myself, but have Opera installed on someone elses machine and they really miss it...
Tom

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 04:06 AM »
anyone know how to show the drop-down arrow in the addressbar - or if it's possible to get it back. I never use it myself, but have Opera installed on someone elses machine and they really miss it...

OK, I'm sure this isn't the reason, but make sure they have visited some addresses to populate it!  (Hey: it's 5 am here!)

Jim

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 04:22 AM »

OK, I'm sure this isn't the reason, but make sure they have visited some addresses to populate it!  (Hey: it's 5 am here!)

it's always good to rule out the obvious!
thankfully it's not 5am here :D
Apparently it changed in 11.5 - drop-down arrow is definitely not there now (on my 11.5 install).

Another thing it has always (I think) done is it shows bookmarks before frequently visited sites in the drop-down list. That's not very friendly, considering, as others have complained, it loads up new unwanted bookmarks on each upgrade.
Tom

NigelH

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 05:41 AM »
In opera:config , type   dropdown  in quick search and toggle  "Dropdown Button In Addressfield" on
Or try paste this into address bar and toggle it on:
opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowDropdownButtonInAddressfield]ShowDropdownButtonInAddressfield

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 06:02 AM »
In opera:config , type   dropdown  in quick search and toggle  "Dropdown Button In Addressfield"

that one worked, thanks Nigel :up:
Tom