topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FavesSoft Site Stream-lined  (Read 4105 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FavesSoft Site Stream-lined
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:58 PM »
If you visit my site you may want to hit the refresh button a few times or flush your cache. I got rid of the superfluous horizontal navigation bar. I removed some obsolete titles. I also left a few because I'm lazy today.  But anyway, one vertical nav bar does it all now.  The only link that sort of "hangs off" is for Wallpapers.  None of my stuff rivals DeviantArt anyway.  I'll just let it hang for now. :)

http://www.favessoft.com/

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FavesSoft Site Stream-lined
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Looks better streamlined.

Although I still think you should consider something like the Website Baker CMS, which a few DC members use, like skwire and justice.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FavesSoft Site Stream-lined
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Looks better streamlined.

Although I still think you should consider something like the Website Baker CMS, which a few DC members use, like skwire and justice.

I have the whole thing as a PsPad project. It's easy to maintain. I don't really see the value of making it look like other sites. It's work for no gain for one thing. :)

I'm not familiar with that tool but other "wysiwyg page editors" I've tried tend to insert about 800 "&nbsp"s into the source. I'd rather just do it long hand.

Another consideration is many people download via Softpedia or other sites and never even see the page. They click the download button or use "Check For Updates" from the Tray Menu and the zip is fetched from my site. Seems like wasted effort to put much into it esp. since I have no ambitions as a web developer. I've yet to see another site that looks like it, good or bad.  Maybe if something is uniquely bad it's "art?"  heh heh

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:05 PM by MilesAhead »