Space Pirates and Zombies (AKA SPaZ) is a space exploration/conquer game similar to EV Nova, or Starscape. If you like those game, then you need to check out SPaZ. I just played through the demo, which took me just under 2 hours and I think it's really fun! I could have finished the demo faster than that but I was having too much fun doing non-essential stuff.
If the game looks interesting to you you can see more info on the Space Pirates and Zombies website
and you can also pre-order it for 25% off now on Impulse
Space Pirates and Zombies is a mix of the deep old school space adventure genre with modern physics, action and graphics technology.
- 33 ships to research, build, outfit and pilot
- 70 unique components to discover to customize ship performance
- Totally physics based combat system
- Explore a persistent randomly generated galaxy containing hundreds of star systems
- Freedom to explore the galaxy and take on challenges at your own pace
- Aid, flee, or exploit the warring factions in each star system
- Change the balance of power in any system by interacting with its unique event system that responds to player activity
- Carefully spend your hard earned research points on hundreds of upgrades across 15 categories
Here's a screenshot and some videos if you're a "show-me" type person:Space Pirates and Zombies
And here's a review, which is basically some guy playing through the first half of an early version of the demo.
The narrator of the game has a new preview up of the beta version (which you can play if you pre-order on Impulse):