Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 03:51:16 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Possible bug when using Splice out strip defined by selection  (Read 2834 times)
dluby
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »

Hi,

I have an issue using the ever useful Splice out strip defined by selection functionality.

If I splice out a horizontal section I end up with a black section at the bottom of the image.  I have attached two screenshots, the first showing my orignal sheetshot and then another after I have removed a section of the image.  Am I doing something wrong or maybe I have an incorrect setting?

Thanks

* Before.png (2.77 KB, 100x238 - viewed 157 times.)

* After.png (1.9 KB, 99x221 - viewed 159 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:37:36 AM »

that's odd and should definitely not be happening.. i can't reproduce it here.
dluby
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »

It used to work for me!
dluby
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:40:12 AM »

I have a further problem with the splice function (my original issue still exists).

If I highlight part of an image (say text) - see 1st image
Then splice it horizontally, I end up with the black section at the bottom of the image - see 2nd image
Now if I undo the splice as it had an unwanted border then the highlighted border gets misaligned

Damian

* Image with highlight.png (6.57 KB, 395x156 - viewed 147 times.)

* Image after splice.png (5.66 KB, 395x140 - viewed 148 times.)

* Image after undoing splice.png (6.61 KB, 395x156 - viewed 146 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

i notice that you have that shadow around your image.  does this happen if you just work with a bare bones image that has no shadows or other manipulations done to it ahead of time?
dluby
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »

You are right if I remove the shadow I get no issue with splicing or undoing the splice restores the highlight to it's original position.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:02:12 AM »

ok that should give me some info to reproduce.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »

Should be fixed in the new beta -- thanks for finding this.
dluby
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »

This looks fixed in the beta version so thanks again Mouser.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »

Thanks for your patience and reminding me about the weird shadow bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.25 ]