Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • October 24, 2017, 02:59 AM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.21.1 - May 7, 2017  (Read 419615 times)

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It seems to work fine for me.
I've tried the portable version in Windows 7 and installed versions on two different Windows 10 machines and I can't get text boxes to create with a solid colour properly at all. Either I get no colour whatever I do, or the current colour won't change, or it works fine until I click outside then the background goes transparent. The only way I can make solid colour text boxes is with plain filled rectangles and a separate text box on top.

This is driving me nuts. What am I doing wrong? It never used to be this difficult...?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Check the "Blend mode" and try "normal" or "multiply".
And make sure transparency is set to 255.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v4.21.1 - May 3, 2017
  • [BugFix] Fixed GDI leak that could cause SC to hang after thousands of captures.

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When I click on "Help" > "Check for updates" the DCUpdater starts but fails with "ERROR: Config File '-dontofferdcupdaterpage' could not be loaded by TinyXml lib - Failed to open file"
Starting the DCUpdater directly found all updateable packages and updates ScreenshotCaptor correctly. I remember this also worked directly vom SCC, what did I break?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I noticed that bug too, when using with dcupdater (which i don't often use anymore); i will check to see what i did.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There is a new version of DcUpdater available which should solve the problem.

xcopy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow, that was quick  :Thmbsup: Works perfectly, thank you :)

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Would like customise the toolbar to add specific functions to the toolbar e.g. 'Special FX1 -> Pixelate inside region' and 'Special FX2-> Splice out region special effects'.

Any plans to add customisation to toolbar ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You can already customize which buttons to show on the toolbar -- see the "More Interface Options" tab -- I just have to add a few more buttons to do some of the special fx functions.
Yes I will add those 2.  If anyone has more requests for buttons they would like to put on toolbar let me know.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If anyone has more requests for buttons they would like to put on toolbar let me know.

off the top of my head:
SpecialFX2 > Patch ... with background

dbareis

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.21.1 - May 7, 2017
« Reply #635 on: September 25, 2017, 07:23 PM »
That sometimes happens with a browser being stupid and failing with a partial file, but my normal reply is to tell the person to try a different browser.. But you seem to have already done that...  I just tried downloading the file and it works fine here.  It could be some kind of proxy with your web provided.. Maybe try downloading it with some fake stuff at the end of the url to bypass any proxy, like:

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/downloads/ScreenshotCaptorSetup.exe?dummy=123

I've tried on 2 computers, with 2 operating systems, 3 different browsers and the URL above with "Dummy=123" and it still doesn't work.  I have no issues with the many (hundreds of?) other downloads I have performed since I first had this issue...

There is a proxy required on one of the computers but it defaults to traffic going through the proxy, the one I've mostly used hasn't got a proxy, its getting about halfway through the download and hanging.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #636 on: September 26, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Could this be a provider-related issue? Maybe something in their cache fouled up?
What AV are you using? Have you tried turning it off before starting the download?

dbareis

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #637 on: October 07, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Could this be a provider-related issue? Maybe something in their cache fouled up?
What AV are you using? Have you tried turning it off before starting the download?

Thanks for the reply but No (2 different computers 20KM apart, different connections, providers) and this has been happening since the new version came out.

In any case the "?dummy=123" suggestion (above) should have bypassed any caching issues.