Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 08:17:38 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Split one screen into two virtual screens  (Read 3234 times)
curious69
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:05:38 AM »

For text processing and web pages, I like to rotate screens 90 degrees away from landscape into portrait mode.
Laptop screens can not be turned.

So instead of splitting the screen into 2 small screens I want one LONG TALL screen to see entire long pages of text split into 2 parts, side by side.

So I want a "virtual portrait mode"  for laptop wide screens. Any way to do that? Any software available?

So turn a 1600 x 900 screen into a virtual
800x1800 screen (width x height into width/2 x height*2)

Split the screen into 2 halves, but then snake the screen through the 2 screens. I.e, the upper half of the screen is in the left screen, the lower half in the right screen.

Line 1                 Line 801
Line 2                 Line 802
Line 3                 Line 803

Line 800               Line 1600
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:39:36 AM by jgpaiva » Logged
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:38:30 AM »

Hi!

I have moved this post to a new thread and moved to the software discussion, as it was unrelated to GridMove.

Although I can see quite some use on what you're saying, I honestly have no idea how to do it, maybe someone else will?

MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »

I've never used a laptop more than a few seconds since I'm lost without a standard keyboard.  So this idea may be stupid and/or impossible:

Would it be possible to stand the laptop on the desk on one edge so that the screen is in portrait mode, and attach a keyboard so you can still type?

Don't know about the other logistics but evidently somebody came up with the same idea I did in the past using a large hinge on a desktop monitor to tilt the screen 90 degrees instead of buying expensive monitors that were taller than wide. smiley

Mattphoes
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »

Hi,

it was a while ago but I had a Laptop that offered such function with their extended video driver software. I dont recall wich it was but it may be worth checking whether your extra software coming with your video card may offer the requested function.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.11 ]