Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 29, 2014, 07:50:24 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR Options Window keeps popping up...  (Read 1315 times)
danrochman
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:36:07 AM »

Hello!  I'm relatively new to FARR, and I'm seeing an issue I haven't found mentioned in the forum.  Every so often (maybe every 12 hours?), the Options window pops up of its own accord.  It seems to always be open to Program Options >> Settings >> Plugins and Updates, where I've got "Check automatically every X hours" set to "12" (and the checkbox is checked).  I'm guessing that somehow the supposed-to-be-in-the-background check for updates is somehow causing FARR's options window to appear in the foreground, but that's just a guess...  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Other things possibly worth noting:
1. Clicking the "Check for Updates Now" button produces an UPDATE CHECK dialog, which says: "Find and Run Robot is up to date (v2.93.01).  Update check complete."
2. Despite that, the "Last Successful Check" value remains at "Never".

Thanks for any advice!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:34 AM »

i've had 2 or 3 reports of random options opening on win7 lately, and its my #1 issue to fix this week.

but i've not had any clues as to what could be causing it.

your idea that it might be related to update checking could be a life saver -- if that is what's causing it i'm going to give you a hug smiley

can you try disabling the periodic update checking from that dialog and see if the options still pop up?
danrochman
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

Sure enough...  I unchecked the checkbox, and left it that way for a few days, and during that time the Options window never popped up on its own.  As an added test, I checked the box again, with the frequency set to 1 hour, and the Options window came up roughly an hour later.

On a related note, the update check frequency box allows the user to manually enter arbitrary values, but it seems these won't work unless they're integers.  In other words, I tried entering "0.025" in the box, figuring that would give me an update interval of 0.025 hours (or 1.5 minutes).  While I was able to enter and save the value w/o any errors, it didn't seem like the app was actually checking for updates that often - or maybe it was?  But the Options window wasn't popping up...

Hope this helps!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »

fantastic.

new release of FARR will come out tomorrow then, with a fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.18 ]