|Application Name|| Duplicate Photo Finder |
|Version|| 1.3 |
|Short Description|| Find and delete duplicate photos. |
|Supported OSes|| Windows 2000/XP/|
|Web Page|| Duplicate Photo Finder |
|Download Link|| Download Installer - Download Source Code |
- Windows XP Home or higher / Windows 2003 / Windows Vista / Windows 2008 / Windows 7
- .NET 4.0
- 200 MB of free RAM
- v1.3 - Update - Increased speed in edge case, now impossible to delete 'originals' in edge cases
- v1.2 - Update - Improved hashing methods
- v1.1 - Update - Source released
- v1.0 - Initial release
|Author|| Renegade |
Duplicate Photo Finder is a photo file management tool to find photos by folder and let you delete duplicates. It aims to be minimalistic with no significant learning curve. Features
Duplicate Photo Finder:
- Lets you choose an "original" and "duplicate" folder to search in
- Finds duplicates by file size, file signature (file hash), or photo signature (pixel data hash)
- Lets you delete individual photos or many photos at once
- Deletes to the Recycle Bin (just in case your brain falls out and you delete the wrong photos)
- Only JPG files are scanned
- Has no complex features to confuse you
Duplicate Photo Finder is for "photos", and not for other graphics or files. As such, it only scans JPG files because digital cameras take JPG photos and not PNG or GIF or XLS or DOC...
It is also aimed at regular people and hobbyists, and not professional photographers. As such, there is no RAW image support and no professional-type features, e.g. no undelete, no database support. Again, this is aimed at being minimalistic and easy to use. Planned Features
Planned features include speed optimizations, multi-threading for additional speed, and other image comparison methods (exact image comparisons). Screenshots
Yes. That is me and my wife~!
And yes, that is me sticking my tongue out~!
Installation is trivial. Run the installer and follow the directions. The application is installed to:
<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade Minds\Duplicate Photo Finder
Running the application the first time has no surprises and there is no configuration required. Using the Application
The installer puts an application shortcut under the Start Menu. i.e. Start > Duplicate Photo Finder. There is no desktop shortcut unless you create one yourself.
1) Browse to 2 folders using the folder browsers.
2) Click the "Compare" button.
3) Decide which photos you want to delete.
4) Click a delete button.
5) Repeat steps 1~4 for other folders that you wish to compare images in.TIP 1
: Use the "Simple" mode first, then do the more thorough "Image Signature" scan afterwards. It will save you time and produce the best results. TIP 2
: Take your time. The program is relatively idiot-proof, and deletes photos to the Recycle Bin, so you can still retrieve deleted photos. However, this is only proof up to "Idiot v5.0"; please do not try to upgrade yourself to "Idiot v6.0" as you will win~! Uninstallation
Go to the Windows Control Panel applet for uninstalling programs. Click the program's entry, then click "Uninstall". Known Issues
The application does not make use of threading/multi-threading, and as such requires that the user wait for tasks to complete before starting a new task. Multi-threading is planned.
There is no help file, documentation, or credits yet.
While the program deletes duplicates to the Recycle Bin, and they can be retrieved, there is no substitute for not doing stupid things in the first place.
Remember, this is a bulk deleting utility and can delete large swaths of data quickly. Take your time. There's no rush.