Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 01:01:52 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [Explicit Directory Searching] to list all files/subdirs in any depth  (Read 1452 times)
kikon
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »

Hello to everyone !

I'd like to know , can FARR list all files/subdirs in current dir?

this feature known in Total Commander as branch view

for example, I hoped the string d:\run\FindAndRunRobot\*\ can do that, but it only match 1st-depth subdirs

thank you !
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »

there are two issues, the first is if you want a complete listing of the deep recursive contents of the directory, the second is if you want to match a search inside the deep recursive contents of the directory.

the first cannot currently be done, though i could add it.
the second is done already (*at least mostly).

so if you want to find something at any depth under the d:\run branch of the directory tree, you could type:
"d:\run nametofind"

note the SPACE after the d:\run because that is important.

* the only caveat to this is that farr tries to be a little smart and my memory is that it wont go deeper into the subdirectory if it finds matches in the top directory you specify.
kikon
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:26:06 AM »

many thanks for sintax explaining,

I mean the second issue you'v described,
the purpose is clear : we search one file for launching, not for browsing list of files or managing them
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.08 ]