Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 19, 2014, 07:51:33 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Synchronizing a few folders between two machines?  (Read 15149 times)
apankrat
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 02:13:15 PM »

Hi, guys ... talking to my real live users is my third most favorite past time after eating and coding smiley I would probably better start a separate thread just for that. Let me look around and see what the proper place for it would be...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »

talking to my real live users is my third most favorite past time after eating and coding

well then you will feel right at home here smiley
probably here: http://www.donationcoder....rum/index.php?board=172.0
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »

I'm very happy about that.   dance Thanks for dropping by apankrat. I see that VSS is at the center of this release. Nice !!

As I'm currently testing various backup software, and yours is high on my list.

To others : bvckup is super lean (in every aspect) and very efficient if you need to synchronize folders. It includes delta technology... And now VSS. It's user friendly. (Several mentions in this thread).

Am going to test it tomorrow -- have already spent to much time testing stuff today !  embarassed

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

If you could add versioning that would be so great !

.merle1.
apankrat
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 08:38:46 PM »

@Armando - not to mention it was made in Canada :)
@mouser - done - http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=24261.0
@MerleOne - have a look here, let me know what you think - http://www.bvckup.com/support/forums/topic_show.pl?pid=258
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »

@Armando - not to mention it was made in Canada smiley

Really !?  Cool !  beerchug

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
sajman99
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »

CopyTo Synchronizer has apparently been around for years as shareware, but it was recently released as freeware (10-1-2010).

I've only used it for a short time, but it seems a very capable backup and sync tool. I particularly like the compact GUI and customizable preview window.

Definitely not a portable tool, but lots of features.
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »

Thanks for the link.
Not portable... And doesn't seem like it can do partial file updating, copy open files or detect renamed/moved files/folders though.

Glenn Gould
sajman99
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »

Thanks for the link.
Not portable... And doesn't seem like it can do partial file updating, copy open files or detect renamed/moved files/folders though.

True, Bvckup is the more advanced tool in the respects you mention. Also, CopyTo has no realtime sync. No doubt, I remain very impressed with Bvckup's capabilities.

On the other hand, CopyTo Synchronizer can perform differential backup, incremental backup, and bidirectional synchronization.

I suppose it's a case of the right tool for the right job.

[edit: excepting renamed/moved files from the first sentence btw. Wink I realize Bvckup doesn't do that yet.]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:34:02 PM by sajman99 » Logged
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:46 PM »

I suppose it's a case of the right tool for the right job.

Exactly... I really need everything Bvckup offers. Versioning will make it mostly complete as far as I'm concerned.

Glenn Gould
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0 ]