topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DONE: Upload tool for Jotti Virus/Malware Scan similar to VirusTotal's Uploader  (Read 8521 times)

jamtrip

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I guess the subject title pretty much sums it up, not sure if it would be okay with Jotti.org though...

Basically the same (context menu selection, drop on programme exe or shortcut).

One thing I dislike about VirusTotal's Uploader 2.0 is having to close the upload dialogue box (I think it should close itself or have an option to do so).

I know nothing about coding so I don't know if it's a snack or a meal  :P

Regards - Damian

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If automatically clicking the close button on a dialog box is all you need, there are various tools to deal with it, e.g. ClickOff (freeware) and PTFB Pro.  The latter is payware, but you can find the last free version on 321download.com's Page 29.  If you're using a user account with UAC On, you may not get all features in the free ones, but PTFB Pro certainly works.  Other programs can do this too, e.g. PowerPro - PowerPro is free, but it's a whole way of life - or (I think) Macro Express which is an excellent payware macro program.

jamtrip

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 :huh: nope, that's not what the idea is about.

IDEA: Upload tool for Jotti Virus/Malware Scan similar to VirusTotal's Uploader

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It sounded to me like you were using VirusTotal's Uploader, and closing the dialog box was an annoyance you wanted to avoid.

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Since lanux128 pointed out this coding snack request to me, I figured I'd post here to inform you that we had the same idea independently. Except I have time to spare and a bit of coding knowledge. :)

NANY 2011 entry JottiQ will be released in the upcoming days for its first beta (or so I hope) and in the worst case be finally out in the open at the actual new year. :)