topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WinSent - instant LAN messenger  (Read 6740 times)

VladimirM

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinSent - instant LAN messenger
« on: June 21, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Hello,

I'm glad to introduce to you my software product, WinSent Messenger. WinSent Messenger is a  simple, handy and easy-to-use instant  messaging program for local area networks. Its main features are:
  • contact list, message archive, LAN browser
  • sending and receiving messages by computer name, user login, workgroup/domain name
  • uses standard SMB protocol (compatible with WinPopup, Windows Messenger Service and net send)
  • does not require a dedicated server or an internet connection
  • hotkeys, sound events.
What are advantages of the WinSent Messenger over great number of similar programs?  I tried to create a SIMPLE but HANDY and  EASY-TO-USE program. Nothing superfluous, only things required for comfortable work without excess body movements.
Also, the program turned out very compact - its distribution package size is about 500 KB.
Use of the SMB protocol could be considered as an additional advantage (this is protocol used by 'net send' command). This feature may be important for Windows Vista/7 user, where 'net send' command is not accessible. But, on the other hand, use of this protocol imposes some restrictions so I have planned to develop a few versions based on different protocols in the future.

Along with the WinSent Messenger we also offer two freeware software products called WinSent Innocenti and Sent. WinSent Innocenti is a pared-down version of the WinSent Messenger. It only allow message receiving, without ability of sending.
Sent is a console utility intended for sending 'net send' messages using command line.

Web site: http://www.winsentmessenger.com
Download page: http://www.winsentmessenger.com/download/

Your opinions would be very appreciated!

Vladimir, the author

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinSent - instant LAN messenger
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:14 AM »
Welcome to the site Vladimir.

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinSent - instant LAN messenger
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:03 AM »
This sounds great.  My wife has been bugging me to setup Net Send at home for quite some time. She loved it in college, but I always found it more of a bother than a help. Perhaps this would work out to be a happy medium - assuming it isn't too expensive. (Can't view the website behind the firewall, so I have to wait until I get home to check out your site and offerings).