topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz  (Read 21915 times)

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 03:45 AM »

@Curt

I forgot to thank you for sharing your experience with Copywhiz.  :)

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Copywhiz is free for all customers who purchased PikySuite in last 3 months. Since 1st March 2010.
-conceptworld (June 07, 2010, 03:41 AM)

Thumbs up for giving a grace period like that. I don't think even the most generous software developers would have a grace period that would give Curt a free upgrade.  ;D

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 01:48 AM »
I purchased Piky Suite last July, a little under 11 months before the release of CopyWhiz. I feel that it was less than spectacular as a "suite". Usually programs yoked together and called a suite are closely related, or at least remotely related. I never saw Piky Suite's grouping of programs as that related. Unless you say that all are file system related, I guess, but not really close enough to be a "suite" IMO. I am certain that I underused the suite; I use Directory Opus as my file explorer/organizer/manager and that has much of the same functionality but performs it all a good bit quicker.

I admit I was put off by the upgrade offering and will not be purchasing the upgrade. I will most likely just continue using the one piece of Piky Suite that I am using now. I also have licenses for RecentX and NoteZilla. NoteZilla is a true, bonafide killer of a program; the best sticky notes program on the market IMO. RecentX is a tremendous concept but unfortunately has been troublesome here - mostly in the way of speed (or lack of same) and the fact that I cannot control the indexing of RecentX as it competes with the file activity it is trying to index.

Having purchased every program Conceptworld offers I was surprised by the upgrade requirement, especially since they are admitting that Piky is no longer very useful for OS's past XP. But hey, there's more things in life than this to get worked up about so I won't sweat it!

Thank you.

Jim

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 02:12 AM »
Hello Jim,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about PikySuite, Copywhiz's upgrade, Notezilla & RecentX. It is nice to learn what customers think of the upgrade.

If you are using the PikyBasket part of PikySuite then please do try Copywhiz for 30 days at least. There are lots of improvements.

Please do email us (support [at] conceptworld) in detail about RecentX's issues that you are facing. We will check if they can be addressed in our next build.

Thanks.

Regards,
Gautam Jain
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:14 AM by conceptworld »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 08:02 AM »
NoteZilla. NoteZilla is a true, bonafide killer of a program; the best sticky notes program on the market IMO.

I tried Notezilla. While it was a very nice app, I couldn't see enough benefit in its feature list to justify spending $29 when there were so many good alternatives available.

Maybe I'd feel differently if it contained a feature I absolutely had to have. But from my perspective, Notezilla was just one more nicely executed sticky-note app.

Just my 2ยข