Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 03:37:19 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Zoner Photo Studio Free  (Read 2422 times)
cmpm
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »

Zoner now has free for personal use, home and pro versions.

http://free.zoner.com/
sajman99
Supporting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »

Yep, the free version of Zoner Photo Studio is pretty nice. I'm not sure it's as great as Gizmo's rates it undecided (they rate it #1 over XnView and FastStone Image Viewer), but it's plenty good for a free software.

One negative I've noticed so far (and other folks have mentioned this in the Gizmo comments) is that Zoner's thumbnails generation is quite slow. Even with the catalog (aka thumbnails cache) enabled, there is always a lag of 10+ seconds before any thumbnails are displayed.
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 01:30:07 PM »

Sorry, reviving an old post.

I just downloaded and installed this. Wow. It's fast.  It's got an amazing feature list also.
I don't know if you tried the same version sajman, but thumbnails generation for a huge amount of pictures is only a bit slower than XnView here. But browsing pictures in the viewer is actually much faster than XnView.

A great freeware IMO.

There's an interesting comparison there

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
sajman99
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »

..A great freeware IMO...

I agree--a very nice image viewer. Yeah, my earlier comments are probably outdated at this point. I need to update and check it out the current thumbnail generation speed.
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:42:11 PM »

My only gripe at this point : zooming. I remember ACDSee's viewer smoothness. I miss that. But maybe there are ways to change that...

[Edit : actually I might be wrong about that smoothness... Take that with a grain of salt... Memory isn't always accurate.]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:48:25 PM by Armando » Logged

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »

The interface, the settings etc. are very very nice. It's pretty resource friendly too.  thumbs up
I'd be interesting to compare it point by point, feature for feature to XnView.

Glenn Gould
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »

First step : http://en.wikipedia.org/w...mparison_of_image_viewers

Glenn Gould
Lutz_
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »

Hello Armando,
I guess such a comparison can become almost endless.  cheesy
"Helicon Photo Safe" is another free and very neat and easy image viewer and organizer.
http://www.heliconsoft.com/safe.html

Thanks for the compilation on Wikipedia!
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »

hmmm... Nice. Thanks Lutz_.

Glenn Gould
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.12 ]