Okay, so I was kind of shocked when I searched DC for this topic a moment ago, and I found nothing. This really surprises me, since DC is usually the best place to go for info on all the best software. Therefore, I feel compelled to bring to light a certain extension that has totally and completely enhanced my web browsing in the space of only a couple days. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome: gleeBox
This tool is the resurrected form of the command line, an ancient interface that is only used today by the most savvy of technology users. This command line is different, however, because of the great and spacious domain it commands: The Internet. That's right, a command line for your web browser. Mostly.
notches, but nothing I've said here is in any way completely false.gleeBox - Web browsing just got better.
I'm going to provide an inadequate list of some of the best ways that I use gleeBox:
- !read command: Extracts text from a page and makes it readable.
- !login command: Used with a LastPass bookmarklet, logs you into a page.
- !later command: Used with the Instapaper bookmarklet to save a page for later.
- !set <option> : Lets you alter settings without visiting the Options page.
- :wa command: Creates a Wolfram|Alpha search through YubNub.
I'm only just kidding when I say that I don't think I can go back to the Internet without gleeBox; it's become that indispensable to me. I've been coming up with some nifty ESP Visions (wonderful feature, see User Manual
), and I've put most of them on the TipJar
site. Look for pyrohacker's