Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 02:04:34 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: save ebay auctions webpages  (Read 5226 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »

hello

I need to save ebay auctions webpages fully, with all the text, images etc (even the images that are in links, JS links, etc)

for some reason, saving them in opera as "full html with images" does not work, images and text are missing and the other images that appear in new windows when you click them are also missing

is there a way to do this?

thanks

CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:44:29 AM »

There are any number of note-taking apps that will do this kind of thing for you (except maybe the JS?).

Take a look at EverNote, which seems to be the leader in this kind of thing.

I'm partial to Zoot (http://www.zootsoftware.com/). It's current version 5 is text-only, but V6 captures full web pages, and is in late beta.

Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:48:09 PM »

for some reason, saving them in opera as "full html with images" does not work, images and text are missing and the other images that appear in new windows when you click them are also missing

For what it's worth, Firefox has an extension that allows on to save web pages as PDFs.
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

For what it's worth, Firefox has an extension that allows on to save web pages as PDFs.
Presumably you could print the page to a PDF with one of the many PDF virtual printers,  e.g.  PDF995?
AndyM
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »

When you print a page to a pdf, are the links included?
CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »

I'd think that saving into an MHT file would be more effective than saving as PDF.

Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »

I'd think that saving into an MHT file would be more effective than saving as PDF.

Or if you are using Firefox, save them as a MAFF file.
twinkler
Charter Member

technophobic technophile

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 11:03:09 PM »

I've been saving ebay pages to MHT for years using the UnMHT addon for Firefox.
Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »

I've been saving ebay pages to MHT for years using the UnMHT addon for Firefox.

twinkler, you may want to take a look at the Mozilla Archive Format extension. It supercedes UnMHT providing all the functionality of UnMHT with while adding new features as well.
twinkler
Charter Member

technophobic technophile

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »

Innuendo, thanks for the tip. I researched the MAF add-on and it looks good!
Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »

Innuendo, thanks for the tip. I researched the MAF add-on and it looks good!

Glad I could help...that's what this forum is all about. Helping one another find the best software for a task.
hawleyj
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 07:40:23 PM »

Firefox has an extension called Scrapbook that does exactly what you want. I have used it for years. It not only lets you specify what types of objects you want to save but how many levels deep you want to process links. Its simply a great extension. I couple it with another extension called "Nuke Anything" that lets me delete stuff I'm not interested in from the page I'm viewing before I capture it with Scrapbook. No sense saving junk like ads, etc.
I will never consider changing browsers (Chrome, Opera, ???) unless it has access to the same or equivalent extensions.

kalos

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 05:16:39 AM »

can you confirm that the method you mention (scrapbook, UnMHT, MAF, etc) save ebay webpages now?
kalos

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

can you confirm that the method you mention (scrapbook, UnMHT, MAF, etc) save ebay webpages now?

anyone please??? can you save completely ebay auction webpages? (open them after saving them, while offline and see if everything, including photos is loaded)

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 01:37:14 AM »

@ kalos, for the purpose of supplying evidence, it will be useful if you would paste a link for a certain e-bay page, you want to save.
kalos

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 02:33:18 AM »

ok, here is a random:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAKE-...0&hash=item23038d414f
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 03:31:42 AM »

I just saved the page you linked to in Firefox 3.6.3 using File > Save As ... and the "Web Page, complete" option and it looks identical to the original to me.

Similarly I saved it as an MHT file in Internet Explorer and it worked fine. (it even displays properly in Opera)

See attached MHT (You'll have to unzip it)

* Saved.zip (170.71 KB - downloaded 120 times.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:35:29 AM by Carol Haynes » Logged

Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »

If you don't care about keeping things in the original format or not being able to edit things another way to go is to use a screen capture program that can screenshot an entire web page like SnagIt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.043s | Server load: 0.09 ]