Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 01, 2014, 06:53:12 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A Loading Image  (Read 3501 times)
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »

Hi, With almost everyone doing their part in helping this great program, I thought it was time that I did too.
Here is a graphic I've been working on  embarassed
Tell me what ya think of it  Thmbsup

Ltan
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:06:44 AM »

looks good.  One minor note might be to lighten the text as the background darkens?

Also, is there a size restriction on that image, or can we make it smaller if we want to?  I feel that it is rather large, but then again I am on a small screen Tablet PC.
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »

thanks Ltan  smiley
the picture could be made smaller without it getting messed up I think, useing the program paint.net should do the trick.
I'll see what can be done about the background text  Thmbsup
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »

I was going to tackle this issue at some point  tongue

Thanks so much, we definitely need a better graphic to be sure, and this is great

Let us know when you are done  Thmbsup

I might suggest, but do not know how this image would come out indexed, but the three dots after the wording, if they could light up one at a time, kinda like a download monitor...

ie:
and so one....
I do not even know the possibility of this with the wonderful gradient you used, converting to a GIF File may damage the end product  Cry
I hope I am making sense, as the drugs are kicking my butt  embarassed
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:29:23 PM by sgtevmckay » Logged
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »

Read my mind, actually I was thinking of doing that.
 it sounds like a good idea and i'll definatly have to try it  Thmbsup
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »

my options in making a animation were very limited, but I got 2 examples for ya.

one is a gif image but i lost my edge smoothing in this so it may not be a good choice.  Sad

the other is a new format to me it is a moving PNG which is a MPG. I was pretty excited when i found this type but don't know if it is supported, if so then there ya go. Thmbsup

* CDock MPG.zip (414.7 KB - downloaded 126 times.)
Markham
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »

I hate to spoil your fun but if you're wanting me to replace the current "Loading Settings ..." with something a bit more arty, then I should tell you that the text is not fixed but language-dependent!

Oh and the graphic needs to be a PNG (with alpha-channel transparency), not a GIF, APNG or MPNG.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:35:50 PM by Markham » Logged
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 12:31:16 AM »

I was just trying to help. I'm currently not a good programmer, and thought i'd submit some graphics to be of some use for ya.

However I do have a new graphic for ya though.  smiley

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:35:25 AM by Archon of Fate » Logged
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 12:39:09 AM »

Thanks  Thmbsup

Do not think for a moment that you help and hard work in unappreciated  Kiss
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 12:52:34 AM »

Thanks Sarge  embarassed
sgtevmckay

Magis Esse

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 05:23:32 AM »

Thanks Sarge  embarassed

You'll see  Thmbsup
Archon of Fate
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:45 AM »

i noticed that the fade in my pic in the new version is a little wacky so here is a new release without the background fade  Wink

* CDock.png (16.86 KB, 600x200 - viewed 155 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.12 ]